Rane mpe14 Midi Eq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rane mpe14 Midi Eq

I really know nothing about rane stuff.What can you tell me about this midi eq?

Re: Rane mpe14 Midi Eq

Don't know about that one. But, Rane stuff is generally very good quality. I remember Kirk Hammet using a Rane MIDI EQ around and justice for all.

Comment

mh,cool,thanks Cleve!

Comment

I have a Rane graphic in my studio, I used it on guitar for a long time as well.

They are very quiet, very "surgical" EQs. They will cut and boost without adding much noise very well. However, they won't impart a "personality" like some other EQs - this is neither good nor bad, it just is. I think that the Rane's work nice for guitar, but I prefer the ART tube EQ because of the Character it adds to the sound. There have been several posts about the ART recently, if you look you'll find 'rm [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I also have a vintage UREI parametric in the studio that is always first call for guitars over the Rane... but that unit goes for about $1,500 - and I wouldn't be carrying around to gigs [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
        X