Got my Blue Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Blue Voodoo

I'd just like to comment that these things are way under rated. This thing sounds AWESOME!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Got my Blue Voodoo

my friend just bought one and left it with me for like a week. they sound better the louder you turn it up. very good sounding amps.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

As a side, I played a Red Voodoo Sammy Hagar edition one thru a crate cab with V30s and it sounded wonderfull and the reverb was very nice also, it sounded like a JCM800 on Stearoids. Are they the same as the Blue Voodoo? Jack.

Comment

yes i'm pretty sure it is, only higher powered 150watts vs. 100watts. i kept thinking the same thing, the blue voodoo is like everything a marshall wanted to be.

Originally posted by slayer:
        As a side, I played a Red Voodoo Sammy Hagar edition one thru a crate cab with V30s and it sounded wonderfull and the reverb was very nice also, it sounded like a JCM800 on Stearoids. Are they the same as the Blue Voodoo? Jack.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Actually the Red Voodoo is identical to the blue voodoo with the exception of the red tolex. They're both 100 watts.

Comment

didn't they makea 300 watt version? There is a mention of something like that in a guitar mag I have lying around.

Comment

they still do, it's the BV300HB it's on their website.

Originally posted by the_drip:
              didn't they makea 300 watt version? There is a mention of something like that in a guitar mag I have lying around.

Comment

are you sure? i thought the red voodoo has 6 6L6's vs. 4

Originally posted by zeegler:
                Actually the Red Voodoo is identical to the blue voodoo with the exception of the red tolex. They're both 100 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                  are you sure? i thought the red voodoo has 6 6L6's vs. 4

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the manual says so anyway.

Comment

I played a BV60 combo for years, and I loved the little thing... eventually sold it to get a better amp, but even though I've bought and sold many "superior" amps since (including a Mesa IIC+ w/ Mike's sig, a JCM900 and a couple boutique heads), I still miss the little BV quite regularly... every time I see one for sale around here, I'm tempted to buy it (if only I could find a corner to hide it in!) I think they're cool...
                    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I had the Red Voodoo until I sold it to buy my VHT. I thought that it had 120W, hence the name BV120. I never had the manual though. Great sounding amp, but not really the sound I was looking for. Nothing wrong with it at all, just not what I was looking for.

Comment

A tech at Crate actually told me the story about Sammy Hagar and the Red Voodoo once. Apparently, they sent him a BV, he sent it back and said it wasn't quite right. They changed it to red--no other changes--and he suddenly thought it was awesome. Sammy Hagar...not Rock'N'Roll's equivalent to the rocket scientist or brain surgeon. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

that's cause he's too busy going for mas tequila!

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
                          A tech at Crate actually told me the story about Sammy Hagar and the Red Voodoo once. Apparently, they sent him a BV, he sent it back and said it wasn't quite right. They changed it to red--no other changes--and he suddenly thought it was awesome. Sammy Hagar...not Rock'N'Roll's equivalent to the rocket scientist or brain surgeon. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

Haha, Sammy's a dumbass!!

Yeah they are called BV120H and BV120RH, and I always thought they were 120 watts, but they're only 100 watts RMS. Nothing wrong with 100 watts though. Crate also make a BV150 and BV300 which are 150 and 300 watts respectively. However, they differ from the 60 and 120 in that they have 3 separate channels instead of two. I probably should have held out for the 300. Can you imagine 300 f**king watts?

Comment

I can imagine 300 watts. It would have to be cranked up beyond glass breaking to sound good. I have a dual 20 watt Mesa and it will slam the hell out of my 2 4x12 cabs and with power left over. 300 watts is seriously 250 watts too much. My 50 watt JCM800 will overpower any drummer I have ever played with.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X