Got my Blue Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got my Blue Voodoo

I believe you can connect 8 4x12 cabs to the BV300. Guess you can play pretty loud with that [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
      I can imagine 300 watts. It would have to be cranked up beyond glass breaking to sound good. I have a dual 20 watt Mesa and it will slam the hell out of my 2 4x12 cabs and with power left over. 300 watts is seriously 250 watts too much. My 50 watt JCM800 will overpower any drummer I have ever played with.

Matt
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know what you mean, but I disagree about having to turn it up loud to have it sound good. It's not a Marshall you know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Seriously, mine sounds great even at low volume, if you tweak the EQ settings a little.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Are the BVs and RVs Power Amp distortion amps or Pre-Amp distortion amps, because my buddies RV sounded great even at about 3 thru that cab, maybe it`s the V30s? I loved that amp alot, i`d love to have a 1x12 combo in one of those, do they make them? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
          Are the BVs and RVs Power Amp distortion amps or Pre-Amp distortion amps, because my buddies RV sounded great even at about 3 thru that cab, maybe it`s the V30s? I loved that amp alot, i`d love to have a 1x12 combo in one of those, do they make them? Jack.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure if they ever made an actual Blue Voodoo combo, but you might want to try out the V-series VFX5112. It's a 50 watt, all tube 1 x 12 combo amp.

Comment

They did make a combo. I've seen Blue Voodoo 60's in a 1x12 package combo.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
              They did make a combo. I've seen Blue Voodoo 60's in a 1x12 package combo.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No kidding?!? That would be a cool little amp. Too bad they don't make them anymore. But like I said, the V series should be pretty good. Plus they have built-in effects!

Comment

Yeah, they had two at the spring lake park/blaine MGR here in Minnesota. I saw them in about August and I was out of money at the time of course as I just bought a Trace head. I went in the end of Sept and they had both just sold. Cool little amps, I wish they would've still had one.

Friend of mine had the 60 head, and he's a solid Marshall guy. He used the 60 as a backup and he said they're a great amp.

Comment

Thank you guys!! If anyone sees a Voodoo combo for sale, please let me know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Do you know where i can get some audio sample's from?? Thanks

Comment

i have a bluevoodoo 120 watt head for sale cheap...let me know

[email protected]

Comment

Guys, I used to be the unoffical spokesman for Blue VooDoos around these parts for years!

I still love them to this day! The secret is all in the speakers you choose and the power tubes you choose.
                        I hated the stock tubes the head i had came wtih and switched to some old school Sovteks. My brother plays a Blue Voodoo with the factory Groove Tubes and his sounds like ASS.

I also ran my head through a Marshall cab with 65w Celestions and it sounded incredible.
                        My brother runs his through the upgraded Crate speaker with Celestion Vintage 30's and it doesn't sound anything like my old rig.

I think the higher rated speakers just do the metal thing a little better. i know alot of players like the vintage 30's but they just sound to compressed for my liking.

As for the combo.. ASS! STAYAWAY! YUCK! THat little 1x12 combo they made has NO BALLS whatsoever! It would get loud, it just had no gain to speak of. If you play the combo make sure you have a good distortion pedal or overdrive pedal to stick in the loop!

Comment

hmmm interesting point, my buddy is using a behringer cab with the jensens rated at 400W. my peavey cab with the sheffields is rated at 300W.

[ November 05, 2003, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I'm using my 20 year old Peavey Butcher cab with Celestion G12-85Ks. Actually sometimes when my cab is at our practice space, at home I use a 2 x 12 car speaker box for a cabinet. I know it's embarassing, but I don't have an extra cab right now, and I don't enjoy dragging that 100 lb monster cabinet around all the time.

Comment

I agree with KickAxe on the tubes and speakers point. I also use Blue Voodoo's A 60 H and a newer 120 H. I changed the stock tubes out of the 60 H and replaced the preamp tubes with Nos Mullards and Sylvania's and the Power tubes with Groove 5881's. Excellent tone and gain like a cross between a Marshall Jcm and a 5150 but with a better clean channel than either. With the 120 H I use a Pod XT into the loop for very convincing
                              Digital models of many more expensive amps. I A/B both heads live and in studio. Also key too the my Blue Voodoo's sounding well is I have them driving two Black Voodoo Celestion loaded 4-12 cabs. I have received many compliments on my Rigs sound from other higher end amp owners. Excellent buys and sound IMO.

Ric

Comment

Here's a 2x12 BV6212 on the bay
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38073
                                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                                X