Ok Gearheads this is a ? about Bogner and Soldano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok Gearheads this is a ? about Bogner and Soldano

Definitely find a VHT UL to try out. It'll be a pretty good fit for what you're describing. It is excellent sounding and does the modern metal thing very well. I've played a couple of older ULs (no gain stacking) and a couple of Ubers and would need to really A/B them to pick one over the other for tone, and the UL wins hands down for features. (FYI, I'm a SLO owner, so have compared all three. I like the SLO best for the type of music I play, but would love to have one of the others too.)

Comment

Hey rstites did you play one with the eq ? I'm thinking with 2 gain channels VHT is thinking like me trying to get 2 good gain tones out of 1 amp. I emailed them a week ago but haven't gotten a response yet.What kind of music do you play?

Comment

I had a VHT CL100 without EQ and that thing just sounded awesome. I can only imagine how much better it would have been with the graphic EQ. Definitely give a VHT a try before buying anything.
        www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Well I can't get that Uber tone out of my head so I've got to start saving some serious cash. I think I'm going to try a switchable EQ in the loop as John suggested it might be the trick to tweak that tone just right. Any EQ you guys have in mind? Also Stu I didn't mean I wouldn't try an EQ I just was picturing a 9 volt pedal on the floor I'd be stomping on after buying a mega buck amp. It just didn't seem right to me. I have to say I heard a VHT in action (UL) and it sounded aggresive and dark so I'm still a little up in the air but probably will go Bogner there is a certain something about the tone I just really like.

Comment

Try the MXR M108 10 band eq. It's super duper cool.

Comment

PIKA,

I just wanted to put that idea out there. It's kind of a shame for people to limit themselves, possibly not getting the sound they want, from being closed to options. Some people really crap on their possibilities by not being open to simple additions. Sure, they might want and expect a high-buck amp to nail the sound they want right out of the box. The reality is, there's not necessarily ANY amp out there that's going to do it right out of the box for some people. So, being closed minded, those people plod along, amp after amp, never realizing that a simple addition or change might make all the difference. Maybe it doesn't seem "right" to have to put a cheap EQ pedal on an expensive amp...but if it needs it, and gets you were you want to go, that's all that really should matter, isn't it?

You might not be that closed minded, but some people really are. And some people are really stupid about others' impressions of their gear. Some idiots will actually not try certain gear, or ditch amps, because they decide they don't like the look of the amp. Or they won't do something like add a pedal to their expensive amp, because they think some jerk they know or play with might laugh about it. Completely moronic reasons for limiting one's self, yaknow? Not to turn it into something akin to psychological intervention, but people really need to know that WHATEVER they want or need to do with their gear to make it perfect for them...is "OK" hehehehe.

Stu

Comment

Ok Stu thanks . Hey Venomboy I did a search for the mxr and its only 100 bucks. Not bad , and I did a search for reviews and everybody seems to like it. I like the no noise part . One of the reviewers sounded like you on the HC board. Anyways thanks for the heads up on that eq I'm going to give it a try. First I'm going to plug it into the powerball and try and draw some more low mids out of it. Eventually maybe after the holidays I'll be looking for the Bogner. Thanks again everyone for helping out.

Comment

Working...
                X