Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my Engl e580 preamp

hoe lee shlt.....
    Ok so, this thing is beautiful. Looks like the terminator without skin. Anyways, I just got done testing it at home, and cant wait to bring it down to my rehearsal studio tonight. So far, it sounds incredible. A rediculous amount of variety in tones. The high gain tones AND clean tones are outstanding. Tons of useable gain, doesnt get muddy, super palm muting crunch, lots of girth and balls, all types of harmonics jump out like you wouldnt beleive. And its got more character than I've ever had the privelage to experiance in an amp or preamp. Tonight comes the real test though. Band rehearsal. Can't wait.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: I got my Engl e580 preamp

I've been been anxious to hear one of those. Won't have the money for that in a while, though... Sounds great! Let me know hwat you think of it.
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

WOW!!!!!

I really would enjoy hearing a clip of that unit... hehe...

Congratulations... Major wood dude... How awesome!

Comment

Awesome!!! congrats, and yes like cleve said, clips are mandatory..How much did it set you back, here in Oz they cost as much as a triaxis 2500 US [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        cheers

Comment

im still hella stoked on it. Just got back from rehearsal and damn...I've only done minimal tweaking and the thing is great. (The rig consists of the e580 pre, a tc g major, a mesa 2:90 and a recto 4x12 cab with custom 90's.)
          The clean channels are BEAUTIFUL. Very high quality clean tones. The main high gain preset i've tweaked a bit is.. for lack of better words, awesome. Its as close to my ideal tone as i have ever heard. I honestly can't think of a SINGLE thing i dont love about this preamp. Well, when using the high gain it is a little noisy, but not anymore than any other high gain head or preamp, its not a high frequency crackling type noise, just some noise. To be expected though, and certainly something i can live with with the right noise gate/volume pedal. Anyways, like i said originally after just playing through my pc using the speaker sim outs...theres a ton of useable gain(more than enough), it does not get muddy, the palm muting is super tight and girthy/ballsy, 16th note palm mutes are equally ideal, The bass is HUGE but very tight, the mids are very tweakable since there is a pot for low mid and high mid and then you can enable the contour which shifts the mid frequencies a bit. All the eq knobs interact nicely with eachother, allowing lots of tonal variance. This thing cut through nicely in a band with triggered double bass, vocals, 2 guitars and a great bass rig. It definatly sounds better than any Engl head I've heard on album or sound clip. I'm very happy with it as you can probably tell. I'll try and make some clips in the near future when i get time.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Yeah Alex, it was expensive, i got it new for about 2400 us. But from what i can tell so far, its worth it.

[ November 01, 2003, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Gilbert ]
            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Engl is one of the best sounding for Clean,Crunch,Metal and death metal.
              Great Amp.I have a Savage 120 and is a great amp.
              Congrats!
              [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

yup, i'm a beleiver now. thanks man
                www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

That's awesome to hear. I have not had the opportunity to try one out yet but I am getting the new Engl SE sent to me on Monday and I think it's going to be a killer as well.

Soundclip's Please!!!

Congrat's
                  Derek

Comment

Ok, now that I've had time to tweak it a bit more and learn all of its capabilities I have an updated critique.
                    Its tough to dial out that engl mid-freq trademark tone, wich isnt a bad thing cause it still sounds awesome, but in my ideal tone i would have slightly less of it. I'm sure i can eventually eq it out a bit with the onboard eq or external. But then again, that mid range character is probably what allows it to cut through as well as it does and gives it so much balance in volume and tone for all strings, among other benefits. The only real complaint i have is the lack of options for midi control.
                    Mainly the fact that the only parameter you can toggle with a continuous controller is the master volume, and it is buggy. If you move the pedal too fast it does not track properly and ends up in the wrong position. I updated the software wich did nothing to help this problem, but I'm sure it will be fixed in an upcoming software version.
                    On the bright side, I'm still loving all the different tones you can acheive, and their quality. Oh and the switching of presets is very fast, almost seamless (forgot to mention that).
                    Anyways, I'll see what i can do about some clips in the near future.
                    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Awesome, I'd love to have one of those. Seems like Engl makes some great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X