and the Spider II HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and the Spider II HD?

They're really cheap!But do they sound like a cheap amp?The Spider soundclips in the line6 web sounds like crap,but in the videos the sound seems much more fat.Anyone?

I feel like I could achieve a great Death tone from it... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

PS:I have to not think about the HD147, or I'll be driven crazy for GAS!!!

Re: and the Spider II HD?

Originally posted by Mordor:
    They're really cheap!But do they sound like a cheap amp?The Spider soundclips in the line6 web sounds like crap,but in the videos the sound seems much more fat.Anyone?

I feel like I could achieve a great Death tone from it... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

PS:I have to not think about the HD147, or I'll be driven crazy for GAS!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">go to the amps forum at harmony central... there's a guy there raving about his, and he owns some decent amps. You oughta check it out...

Pete

Comment

Yep,I posted this thread cos I've seen the HC forum a while ago,and since I dunno the guys that write there,I asked here cos I know your opinions rule and can be trusted! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I just got the Spider II 212, and I think it sounds pretty damn good for $500...
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Man I'm thinking of selling my carvin sx200 and my podxt and floorboard to get a spyder II halfstack. What do you guys think? Should I or shouldn't I?

Comment

I demo'd one last weekend - here's my $.02...

Again, the Spider II is a killer value condsidering what you're getting. Although I still wouldn't quite call it a pro amp, it's getting pretty close - then again, there's plenty of you folks out there who still think the Flextone sucks, but oh well... It still lacks some of the sound refinement you find in the Flextone series. A good amp for metal heads though! I was really thinking about buying one and going the half-stack route, but after playing it, I think I'm just gonna save my money and keep enjoying the heck out of my Flextone III XL 212. Overall though, the Spider II is a great value. If it were up to me, I'd spend the extra $200 for the Flextone though. If I were to have to choose between the Spider HD and the HD147, I'd probably go with the Spider and buy two! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem, Mordor (your moniker sounds like you should be a character in Lord of the Rings...) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Basically, the tones you're gonna get with the Spider II can be easily achieved with the HD147, and probably will sound a bit more articulate and "true" to a real amp sound. I'm NOT saying the sounds of the Spider II are fake or bad, but they won't match up to the sounds of the higher end amps. That said, I think you can get a GREAT thrash/death metal tone with the Spider. As a matter of fact, that's really where it shines. Don't over-do it with the effects, and don't forget about the mids, or you'll get lost in the mix. I'm not very excited about the other models - although it does have a good CRUNCH tone this time around. For what you're probably gonna use it for, it'll suit you fine. It's not the beall end all, but for just over a third of what the HD147 costs, you'll probably be happy. Like I said -- if I had the choice, I'd buy two Spiders! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by It's All In My H3ad:
                Man I'm thinking of selling my carvin sx200 and my podxt and floorboard to get a spyder II halfstack. What do you guys think? Should I or shouldn't I?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd personally go with a Carvin SX200 or SX300 over the Spider, but the Spider also seems really cool. If you can, try one out and see if you like it better.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep!Thanks again Chris!Well,mids are really important for my sound,cos I never cut them out,but I keep them in a good amount to let me cut through and have a good high gain crunch sound.Now I need to hear the Spider HD in real!
                  [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS:beer rules all over the world,and I want to toast my last saturday night beer (after almost 2lt! to JCF! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] yeah!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                    They're really cheap!But do they sound like a cheap amp?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha! That'd be great if Line6 started modeling peavey bandits and lil' smokies! And a Gorilla or Pignose.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion Chris!
                      Can you tell me something more about the spiderHD/HD147 thing?I think to buy the HD147,not for its Nu Metal sound but for a good '80 thrash sound,a good lead+delay sound,and a clean tone.Maybe the Spider could be a cheaper and almost good alternative...

(if you know Symbolic by Death you know the sound I like!)

Comment

Yeah, that "Pignose on half-dead batteries" model is awesome, man...
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

*cough* My Vetta Ii allows you to emulate one of those Fender 'Twin' battery amps that is about 4" tall.

Useless, but interesting in a cool way I guess. Plus you can run any of the 74 amp emulations through it's speaker.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Vettas are a creation of the devil [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X