Mini-review of my new Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-review of my new Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah pedal

I bought a Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah pedal off Ebay recently and got it today. This is my first pedal ever (I only have a Boss GT-6 processor before this), and being switchless, I thought this was damn cool. Step on to engage, step off to disengage with no tone degradation in either mode like the crappy tone-sucking wah models on the GT-6.

You can set a little screw inside the wah pedal to adjust the disengage time. It's factory set at one second according to Steve (at least that's what the instruction manual said [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) so that means the wah is still activated for about one second even after you step off. I'll probably change it this weekend so that the effect is immediate.

I don't know many wah solos or funky licks, but I tried some stuff out and it really sounds cool.

Okay, so on to the Contour feature of this pedal. I was expecting a huge sweeping ability from the Contour knob that would be able to model all different kinds of wah pedals out there, but it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped for. I had been warned that the Contour function, when engaged via the step of the little button beside the pedal, added some noise, and it did add a little bit of noise that could probably be eliminated using noise suppressors.

I don't think I will use the Contour function very much, but it's there if I feel like using it. I'll mostly be using the regular step-on step-off wah feature, which is silent.

Four and a half stars out of five for this pedal, but don't take my word for it because I have not tried out other popular wah pedals, and am only basing this pedal against the crappy wah models on the GT-6.

I think I want to try the Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah next just to compare.
Working...
X