Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion

Hi!
    I am planning to buy a new amplifier (or preamp) and I want to know which one you like most:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
    Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    Mesa Boogie Mark 4
    Mesa Boogie Triaxis Preamp

And also, which amp switching system do you recommend? Mesa boogie, Framptone, Digital Music Corp? (If you have another option please let me know)

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanx

Re: suggestion

I forgot, I play heavy/trash metal, something like metallica in the old days (Master of puppets, And justice, etc), or Slayer, etc, etc.

[ November 01, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: angst ]

Comment

then the triaxis is what you want.You can get that old metallica tone great.as far as heavy death metal than this is not for you.I can get great hevy tone out of my rig,but it will not do the death tone.That is not what I am after that is why I went with the mesa gear.I suggest you go to a store and really sit down and play with it(not yourself the triaxis).Hope this helps you out,Paul

Comment

Hey,I use the triaxis, g force and the 2:90 power amp.I controll it with the dmc ground controll.I was talking to a mesa and tc electronics rep and they were the ones that suggested I use the dmc.I love the sound I get and cant complaine at all.It is virtually noise free and changes between presets great.Hope this helps you,Paul

Comment

Thanx

Comment

Yup, if i had to choose between those options, i would also get the triaxis. (especially if you already have a good power amp). If you buy one used, make sure its not the first version wich does not have the recto board in it.
            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Since you also are looking for a amp witching system it depends on what you are switching. Give us more details.

Comment

And dont get the newer one with the fat mod,It doesnt have as much gain.Look for the second version.That seems to be the best one.

Comment

The switching system would be use to switch between my Marshall TSL Head and de new amplifier or preamp.

Thanks

Comment

if your going head/cab or combo - then get the single rectifier trem-o-verb. (and don't use the trem-o-verb features) theres something about the longer wires in this version that make it sound better.

if a rack setup is what your after then i'd recommend the boogie 20/20 poweramp to go with whatever pre you decide on. it will sound way way better than pretty much any other power amp out there. the el84 tubes in there with the dyna-watt transformer will be plently loud. you'll never be drowned out - its loud enough to play anywhere.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Does anyone has a different opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                        the el84 tubes in there with the dyna-watt transformer will be plently loud. you'll never be drowned out - its loud enough to play anywhere.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell actually is their dyna-watt class system? My Mesa F-30 is Dyna-Watt Power with two EL84s with four 12AX7s, and that thing gets mega loud for a 30-watt amp!!!!!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it basically is designed to get louder when you pick harder. a more dynamic sounding power section.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Ah, cool. Thanks!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, we play thrash-based melodic power metal (think crossing Forbidden and Iced Earth), and I love the sound I'm getting from my Triple Recto. Super-crunchy, and lots of headroom.

As for switching between heads, if you're using the same cab, I know Axess Electronics makes a head switcher - I use their CFX4 to change channels on my Recto - but I don't know how good it is.

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X