• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone talkin about rhino amps

here's an auction with sound clips for a 100watt head rhino auction
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Someone talkin about rhino amps

Cool. I think it was John G. JGcable is his JCF handle.

There is one a little cheaper but it looks like the front face is missing off of it...

Comment

I listened to the clips he provided. I don't think that he knows how to dial in the amp. That amp has to have more gain than that. I got to get one of those. I would trade my entire Carvin rack system for a Beast or a Black Star.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting one (either a Beast or BadBoy), but i hear that they make their customer service sound great, but all you do is wind up waiting months for them to service amps, just covering themselfs up with lies. I also hear that there are a number of problem's with the built-in noise gate, and overall relieablity. I hope these things im hearing aren't true because some of the sound clips on there site sound great. Can anyone tell me anything on this?? Thanks!

Comment

As I've said before. Michael Angelo blew two up in about 20 minutes last I time saw him live... Sounds bad to me...

They sounded like cool old Marshalls though. He used a Boss Overdrive with it.

Comment

Jeez, i knew all that talk just couldn't have been coming from no-where. I think this also answers my question as to why yngwie was using vintage Marshall's instead of his Rhino's when i saw G-3 on saturday. Thanx Cleve!!

Comment

I was wondering about that too.Maybe Rhino is just hype and marketing. Maybe we need to check out the Carvin Legacy. I heard that Satch, Macalpine and Vai were all using them and they all sounded different but all great. Thats versatility. I also read may posts that none of the G3 Carvin Legacy's have been modded in any way.

Comment

Yea, the Carvin is a nice amp, they have some sound clips on there website. I'll probably stick with my metaltronix and buy a rocktron voodu valve, or get a 5150 in it's place. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X