Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Vetta II is coming tomorrow!

Whoohoo! Sorry, I had to let that out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: My Vetta II is coming tomorrow!

sweet!
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

You're gonna love it. I just got a Vetta that was updated with the Vetta II software and it freakin' rocks! If you wanna hear how good they can sound check out the MP3 section and listen to the sounds Twisteramps gets out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
        You're gonna love it. I just got a Vetta that was updated with the Vetta II software and it freakin' rocks! If you wanna hear how good they can sound check out the MP3 section and listen to the sounds Twisteramps gets out of them.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So Fritz, tell us more about your new toy! What do you like about it?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fritzreiser:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So Fritz, tell us more about your new toy! What do you like about it?

Pete
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Versatility is just awesome. To go from Piezo to Fender to Marshall JMP to Bogner/Soldano/Mesa is incredible.

I am trying to dial in an 80s metal tone using the preset "Satch's Alien" as a starting point and it is so cool mixing and matching amps and cabs.

The ONLY downside is that I am prone to tool around with the Vetta instead of practicing.

Pete, on the Mr. Crowley video clip you did, was that a patch that you downloaded or did you dial it in yourself? That is a great sound. I'm sure alot of it is the guitar, also.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twisteramps:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fritzreiser:

Pete
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Versatility is just awesome. To go from Piezo to Fender to Marshall JMP to Bogner/Soldano/Mesa is incredible.

I am trying to dial in an 80s metal tone using the preset "Satch's Alien" as a starting point and it is so cool mixing and matching amps and cabs.

The ONLY downside is that I am prone to tool around with the Vetta instead of practicing.

Pete, on the Mr. Crowley video clip you did, was that a patch that you downloaded or did you dial it in yourself? That is a great sound. I'm sure alot of it is the guitar, also.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That Crowley lead tone was the triple recto emulation. I use the vetta 'juice' compressor with most of the amps to give em more squish and a better tube amp feel. Give the juice a squeeze - it really helps the sustain and the feel.

Pete

Comment

I got it today and just had a chance to fire it up for a little while. I am enjoying it so far except for one thing: the amp makes noise all by itself. Even with the volume down, speakers disabled and disconnected. Is there a fan in there or something?

The noise is subtle and certainly wouldn't be heard at band volumes but this is one of those things that can drive me absolutely nuts. I put noiseless pickups in almost all my Strat/Tele guitars because of this.

Enough whining. The presets sort of suck (surprise, surprise). Once I started messing with it on my own I really started to have fun. There is a LOT to this thing. It is one of the most sophisticated pieces of guitar gear I've ever come in contact with. The routing options are great.

The Diezel models are awesome! I've got the 3 pro modeler pieces and was very pleased to see most of their functionality included. I've got the big floorboard and am thinking that I won't need much in the way of other outboard gear. I still like my Bad Horsie II wah better than the Line 6 one and I still like to noodle with my Whammy pedal - other than that, the Vetta II has me covered.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

One of the things I love about my Vetta II is the signal chain. Guitar => cord => Vetta II. I'll never go back to a rack again unless I have my own tech ( that will never happen ).

Twister is right on about the Vetta juice. I have it in the effects chain for about every patch.

We play with another very well know local band. Every gig we do with them, their guitar player wants to know if he can use my Vetta. Makes me smile [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  So, have you upgraded to version 2.03 yet, and then downloaded the Line6 Edit program so you can check out the Tone Transfer Library online? I just did it last week with my Vetta I, upgraded from Vetta II software v. 2.01 to that; glad I did did, cause now I have access to hundreds of tone patches that others have created and uploaded to the T.T.L., hell, even added one or two myself, too. Having said that, I have discovered so far that Vetta USERS are far better tone patch makers than Line6 are, for the most part. Granted, we all have to start using the factory presets as a starting pad, but still; I have found a BUNCH of great patches created by Vetta users...Backup your custom user presets and upgrade if ya haven't already, cause it's definitely worth it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I upgraded my Vetta I 2 days after I got it! I love this amp!

Pete: how are you setting up the Vetta juice comp for your squish etc.?

Comment

Working...
                    X