Anybody try a Soldano Lucky 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody try a Soldano Lucky 13?

I was just browsing the Soldano site and was looking at the Lucky 13 combo. I'd prefer the 50W version. I need versatility in terms of clean and distorted tones, and obviously the description is enticing me. Anybody try this amp? I don't need super-high levels of gain, by the way.

Gimme quick personal reviews. Don't compare it to super-expensive high end amps, unless this thing is that amazing. I'd preferably like comparisons and contrasts to other [50W] combos of this price range.

Thanks!

Re: Anybody try a Soldano Lucky 13?

Really, really nice clean channel, and a rather non-Soldano-ish throaty overdrive channel. More gain than the SLO Normal channel, but less than the Overdrive channel. I liked the 100 watt combo I played a whole bunch!

Comment

Re: Anybody try a Soldano Lucky 13?

How'd I know you'd be the first to speak up about Soldano, Chuck? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I just looked at the price tag... $2000 something odd dollars for one. I think I'll pass, considering I don't even play guitar that often anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X