Have you guys seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys seen this?

Bose is comin out with an instrument speaker system with built in power amp called the "L1 cylindrical radiator" that they are hyping up for musicians. See for yourself...
    http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=1qxx02ornstfZ3DcfE45AsvMHShT qAaAkX9pTUmcwBQe4lWLqwXL!-1333970771!501445624?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT& url=/musicians/index.jsp&linksourc e=centernav_img_musicians&pageName=/index_2.jsp
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: Have you guys seen this?

Wow, that seems pretty interesting!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The website says it has a free trial period so if anyone tries it, can you report back to us? Thanks!

Comment

I would imagine the Bass package would be the way to go for down tuned mayhem. But $1999 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        I'll bet it would be great for clubs though. I hate relying on PA's or PA's that are set up properly.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

yeeah but my main concerns would be of course...
          how does it sound with guitar, and how loud is it. The idea of having a huge area of consistant tone is awesome though.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Will Do [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm curious about distortion (must have distortion) and some delay once in a while too. I looked all over their website for a large view of the front and rear of their amp/base or even specs on wattage etc. ...... nothing.....high /low impedance? tone, master volume?
              Guitar Center out here in Phoenix supposedly has one for demo. Guess I'll be makin a trip out there this weekend. I hate going there tho cause I always want to buy something! Hey maybe I'll finally get that Dunlop 535Q
              Are they better than the Morleys?

It would be great if the Bose personal amplifiers would do everything they say. Can you imagine not having to haul all that gear. I find it hard to believe that you can get the same dynamics of tone without physicaly pushing some air through 4x12s or more [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

They say you can run 2 or three instruments and a mic. into one unit with no problems.
              This I gotta see.

Comment

I dont think it has a preamp built in, with distortion etc. If thats what you mean. (though i may be wrong) Regardless i wouldnt use the thing unless i was able to use my preamp and effects unit with it. Please let us know how it sounds if you get a chance to check out out.
                www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Well Lets just say I wasn't really that impressed.The package and mobility are great It would be really nice to downsize some of the load in and out aspects of a gig but let's face it we haul all that stuff for a reason.
                  The base has all the electronics in it. There are many tonal presets for mics by manufacture ie Shure 57,58etc.,EV,Seinhauser(sp)and others.There are presets for guitars Tele,Strat,PRS,Les paul some others I can't remember (not that many) and acoustics.There are four inputs of which two have shared xlr and quarter inch jacks.The first two inputs have a basic tone control and master volume. The second two are 1/4" input only with just a master.
                  Oh yeah there are presets for keys, base and it looked like there were some others as well.No where on the unit could I find a watt rating and the salesman said Bose doesn't do that. The speakers are in two sections that snap together and then snap into the base making all necessary connections automatically. Each speaker section has 12 1&1/2" small speakers in it, totaling 24 .The back of each speaker section says max watt rated at 250 therefore I assume the amp section is not putting out more than 500 watts!
                  The Bose website says no feedback but I was able to get feedback, all though I was very close to the speakers.You can chain the units together and they have line in and outs and outputs for running to a mixer or additional main amp house mix for larger venues over 500 people or so.The vocals sounded pretty good but didn't seem to get that loud to me, maybe that's due to their new wave technology.I wasn't able to demo a guitar throught it as I was running out of time and actually had lost some interest in the unit.You can run your effects or preamps into it without any problems the salesman assured me.
                  I really want to see a complete group demo these things. I like to use some controllable feed back on my guitar sometimes with distortion and want to hear if this is possable with these units.
                  As allways we all have to form our own opinions and what doesn't work for some of us might be great for others.This unit does seem to maybe have a place for small rooms and small stages(weve all been there I think) 14x20 feet of gear on a 5x5 foot stage!
                  I'm still reserving my final opinion until I can hear them under combat conditions so to speak.

I hope more of you can check these out and let us know what you think. I really want to like these things ........... but we'll see [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is planning on getting one of these systems to evaulate (say in a practice space or maybe even in a club or hall) let us know. I'd be interested hearing and seeing, I'm sure some others would be interested, too. I'd be interested in a little hands-on action, rather than just listening to someone playing a gig. One of my biggest concerns is how do I get "my sound" from my amp and effects out of this system.

Comment

Working...
                    X