effect box that makes guitar sound like a keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effect box that makes guitar sound like a keyboard

I'm sure not many people around here are big on the strokes, but they are using some effect to get a Moog-type sound from their guitar. I seriously doubt they have a midi rig to accomplish it. Does anybody know the effect they might be using? I'm guessing they're using the Electro Harmonix Micro Synthesizer - anybody ever messed around with one?

Re: effect box that makes guitar sound like a keyboard

Vetta II has a TON of analog synth stuff in it...

Pete

Comment

Bah, the Strokes. It's probably some pawnshop POS pedal that they used for that one song. Their vintage sticklers, and for the most part wouldn't be caught dead with newer gear.

Comment

Originally posted by L:
        I'm sure not many people around here are big on the strokes, but they are using some effect to get a Moog-type sound from their guitar. I seriously doubt they have a midi rig to accomplish it. Does anybody know the effect they might be using? I'm guessing they're using the Electro Harmonix Micro Synthesizer - anybody ever messed around with one?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't heard the music you are referring to
        but I will guess that it is:

Digitech X-series Synth wah.
        This thing does filter sweeps.
        Go to digitech.com and hear the demo.

Another possibility. The Boss GT-6 has
        a non-midi guitar syth that does filter sweeps
        and octave stuff. (I own one).

Mike D.

Comment

Don't know, but Moog still makes stuff for a couple hundred bucks and up.

http://www.moogmusic.com/

Comment

Working...
          X