Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with Crate DXJ212?!? It sounds like ass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Crate DXJ212?!? It sounds like ass!

It's getting a little better but the bottom end still sounds like crap. I'm working on Working man right now and it just sounds like crap to play that or ain't talkn bout love because the the bottom end is all mud
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Need Help with Crate DXJ212?!? It sounds like ass!

I have had mine for over 1 year and I can get a Lynch tone out of it that is so exact you would swear it is the album. Mine is only the 1 x 12 so the bottom ain't great but the tone is. The problem most players have with modeling amps is that they don't spend enough time f'n with them. It is never gonna push the air that a 5150 does but you should be able to get great tones out of it. I do.

Comment

GIMMIE YOU LyNCH SETTINGS BRO!!!!!!!!

ok that was my alz impersanation, but that would be cool if you shared dude [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ November 08, 2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]

Comment

k, Here's me doing dream warriors on my old set up.

Dream Warriors

Comment

DRS, I will post the settings tonight for you. Mine are dead nuts perfect.

Comment

I got a pretty cool thrash sound down, and I got a cool version of working man going down, but I can't get that VH, Dokken, Ratt tone and it's pissing me off. I swear I have played for at least 5 hours today trying everything. But thanks dude when ever you can post them that's cool. I'm probally going to go have a few cold ones in an hour or so. So if you don't get it till tomarrow, No Worries [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Need Help with Crate DXJ212?!? It sounds like ass!

Ok, I just can't get this thing to sound good, I know it's not a tube amp and it's not the 5150 I had before, but it has to sound better then the fender M80 half stack with a boss me30 pedel I had before the 5150. It sounds like there's a good tone hidden way deep in there,but It sounds like bottled up ass when it comes out the speakers, I'm trying to play the california mod channel with a little bit of comprssion on the effects and I have the trebel and gain at like 9 the bass at like 5. I like a really loud, tight sound. I'm not asking for much I think, all I'm doing is playing at bedroom levals and it sucks, i try cranking it and it sucks. I mean I had that damn half stack for years and it sounded better than this. Here's a sound clip of the half stack, all I really want is a sound kinda like that. This is me playing last year.

Mr. Crowley

Dance the night away

[ November 08, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]

Comment

It sounds like ass
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This surprises you? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Mr. Crowley

Dance the night away

Comment

Well not really but you know, [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'm not looking for the ultiment rig right now soI took the advice of a few people here and bought this. The acoustic sim is killer but I wanna rock [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the DXJ112 and it sounds killer for home use. I really don't use any patches with compression. I think the compression just muds it up. Also, make sure the speakers are tight. I use the rectifier patch with echo and reverb and it sounds fine for home practice to me. The acoustic simulator is really good and I like most of the clean channels with the exception of the tweed which sounds like mashed up cardboard to me.

Comment

OK bro here it goes.....

Lynch:
                        Master output=3 (bedroom), 5 (loud)
                        Tube Rectifier
                        Gain=10
                        Bass=8.5
                        mid=4.5
                        treble=10
                        channel level=6
                        comp/echo
                        effects level=5
                        rev level=4
                        rev depth=5.5
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Demartini
                        same as above with these changes
                        channel level=8
                        comp/vib/echo
                        effects level=3
                        rev level=4
                        rev depth=6.5
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Rhoads type chorus solo (almost like his double tracked Blizzard stuff)
                        same as Lynch but with these changes
                        comp/cho/echo
                        effects=6.5

Save all of these on channels 2,3,4
                        Because they are all based on the same rectifier setting when you channel switch it will be instant with no delay in switching. You could always boost the channel level of one of them and then save it and turn it into a lead boost channel. Let me know bro.. they work for me.

Comment

Awsome thanks dude [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] , BUT I have to switch my guitar to the neck pick up, to make it sound good......... Any time I have the bridge on it sounds like mud. My guitar is a usa wolfgang special, I just don't understand [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

On the Wolfgangs, the switch is sorta backwards...when it's up (like "rhythm" on a Les Paul) the bridge pickup is on, and when it's down("treble" on the LP) then the neck pickup is on. I don't know if you know that or not, but that might be your problem with that.

Comment

DRS, Willie is right but do me a favor bro... if you didn't know the switch is wired backwards (like a PRS) don't admit it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X