New Nickelback tone blows me away. *insert shocked emoticon here*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nickelback tone blows me away. *insert shocked emoticon here*

Guys, ever hear the new single, "Someday"? Who cares if you like it or not, but the clean tone is absolutely gorgeous-sounding and very acoustic-like. Any suggestions on how to make a standard two-humbucker guitar with no piezo pickups and no hollowed-out sound chambers sound like that through the clean channel of an amp? Could use an acoustic simulator, but that's the easy way. I'm thinking more about EQ settings and pickup configurations.

The distorted tone is pretty raw and in-your-face too, but doesn't really suit the distorted sound I'm going for.

Re: New Nickelback tone blows me away. *insert shocked emoticon here*

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    Guys, ever hear the new single, "Someday"? Who cares if you like it or not, but the clean tone is absolutely gorgeous-sounding and very acoustic-like. Any suggestions on how to make a standard two-humbucker guitar with no piezo pickups and no hollowed-out sound chambers sound like that through the clean channel of an amp? Could use an acoustic simulator, but that's the easy way. I'm thinking more about EQ settings and pickup configurations.

The distorted tone is pretty raw and in-your-face too, but doesn't really suit the distorted sound I'm going for.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">for a acoustic tone **** with the eq on your clean channel and use both your hums at the same time most guitars sound pretty close [except for 2 emg 81's lol and a invader set lol ] or screw around with a chorus pedal and your neck pu and you can get some pretty close acoustic tone as well , but anyway what the hell where you listening to nickelback for huh ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] for a Canadian Rock band they aren't bad but they are definatly No Rush [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I usually use one of 3 combos for pickups.

Distortion/Jazz, JB/59, Distortion/59

The 59 is a sweet pickup. The Lil' 59, and the Lil' screamin demon are sweet too.

On my strat which has a lil' 59, and a distortion, I get AWESOME clean tone, and a very killer distorted tone.

Use both your hums, and your eqing will be different for each guitar.

My EB, I have to boost the mids a bit, where as my Jacksons I have to cut them back a hair. (those have the Jbs, so that is prolly why).

Comment

I just listened to the song, and it's more than likely an acoustic.

Comment

No way! I've seen the video, and they play electrics all the way through. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

i think they use PRS guitars. I know that you can get some great clean tones in position 2 and 4 on a ce. If they use a McCarty, the coil taps give them a great single coil sound.

try that thru a soldano rake or reverb o sonic and its clean tone heaven imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
              for a acoustic tone **** with the eq on your clean channel and use both your hums at the same time most guitars sound pretty close [except for 2 emg 81's lol and a invader set lol ]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I get pretty nice cleans with the two EMG 81s in my Hamer, and I got decent clean tones in my Kelly with the two Invaders when I had that guitar, so... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X