Behrninger Cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behrninger Cabinets

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has played out of a behringer cabinet. I have never heard jenson speakers before and I was just wondering how it all sounded because apparently it can take 400 watts. I need a cab that can handle lots of power. This one isnt too expensive and I am sure I could get a good trade somewhere for one of my existing cabs.. it just seemed strange because they are so inexpensive compared to other cabs. My band tunes to drop A and sound something along the lines of a Dying Fetus/Meshuggah/Iron Maiden mix. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great. Thanks
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Behrninger Cabinets

I have used one and my friend currently uses one. Make sure the cab has the Jensens cause not all of them do. They have surprisingly good tone and are built really well. Good beefy bottom end. The Jensen speaker company have been around a long time.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have a 15" Jensen speaker in my Gibson GA 25 RVT (made in '63 I believe) and it sounds sweet-talk about bottom end! It is original and still sounds perfect. Can't say for sure if new ones are as good.

Comment

Do a search on Behringer cabs. There've been a couple threads. They're cheap cuz they're made in China.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh yeah, make sure you spell it Behringer, ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by gold moon soloist:
            Hi. I was wondering if anyone has played out of a behringer cabinet. I have never heard jenson speakers before and I was just wondering how it all sounded because apparently it can take 400 watts. I need a cab that can handle lots of power. This one isnt too expensive and I am sure I could get a good trade somewhere for one of my existing cabs.. it just seemed strange because they are so inexpensive compared to other cabs. My band tunes to drop A and sound something along the lines of a Dying Fetus/Meshuggah/Iron Maiden mix. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great. Thanks
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">this is our stuff all of witch we used behringer cabs mine is the ULTRASTACK BG412H
            and Daves is the ULTRASTACK BG412S I would never by another cab again cause these things ripp so nicely they will handle any head out there cause they are 400 watts handling , the best and cheapest piece of gear I have ever bought you can get a full stack for the price of of one cab from almost anyone else , and they aren't bad either the only downfall on em are the cheapo casters , but **** that doesn't cost that much to fix , I put the ernie ball casters on myself and I have had no problems , anyway click on my link below and you can download some of our stuff and hear for yourself . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Oh yeah, make sure you spell it Behringer, ha ha!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">your unrelentless aren't you [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Uh, more like relentless. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, I'm just helping a brother out, man! If he tries to use the search function using "Behrninger" the only thing that'll come up is *this* thread! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey everybody I was just going to start a thread about this very subject, but decided to look back & see if had come up before. Glad I did because I just looked at one of these cabs today. My marshall JCM 800 Lead 1960 is a Mono cab & just isn't cutting it any more. Thanks Guys you just saved me alot of time & trouble, and money.
                  All I have to do now is find the Model 6 I want, a King V wich I found at the same music store as the cab, & a Charvel Predator. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

not to rain on your parade. but i must say:

i do like the sound of a good amount of behringer gear. but they do, however, have and issue with quality control and consistancy. so be sure you try out the piece that you are getting first.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I also got the Behringer Ultrastack BG412H cabinet and I am really pleased... and the price is nothing short of awesome.

It has LOTS of bottom end, so you gotta be careful with the EQ settings. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The Behringer 4 x 12 cabinet is great bang for little bucks. Nice sound projection, great Jensen speakers and built pretty nice too. How can you beat it for around $250.00 out the door brand new with a warranty!

Comment

What wattage are the Jensen speakers? Jack.

Comment

I have one that I use with a Podxt and stereo power amp, and I am very happy with it. At first, it sounded like crap, but there was a problem with the amp. It was adding a weird, resonant low frequency to the signal. I replaced the amp and couldn't be happier.

Comment

I think you'd be best off with a used JCM800 or 900 Marshall cab. I've seen em with Celestions for $300 and up... plus they will hold value since you're buying used. Just my opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh, another cheap cab on a budget are the Peaveys... especially the Butcher or VTM cabs with the gold piping. Heavy as hell, but built better than most cabs.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X