Roland Cube 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Cube 30

I just bought one at the local GC and all I can say is WOW! What a great little amp!

I had a Tech 21 TM 10 that was great, but was not loud enough or versatile enough for jamming with our Church band. I had decided I was going to replace it with a Flextone III or a used Crate DXJ112. So I went to GC to see what they had. The Flextone III was great and since I already have a Vetta and the foot controller, I told them I would buy it with the Tech 21 as a trade. While they were in the back checking out the TM 10, I spotted the Roland Cube and ran back out to my car to get my Soloist. Plugged it in, played for 2 minutes and said "Sold!" I even paid full list price of $299.

I like all of the 8 models of amps on the Cube. The 5150 and the Mesa models really crank, but my favorite, believe it or not, is the JC-120 Jazz Chorus. It is a separate channel from the other 7 models and it sounds great. Almost as good as the model in the Vetta. The acoustic simulator sounds good, but is a bit noisy. The effects are decent, although, I only use the chorus. And it is plenty loud for 30w SS.

If you are looking for a great little practice/jamming amp, definitely consider the Roland Cube 30. If you are only looking for a metal practice amp, I would probably buy the Cube 15. It has 4 distortion pedal models instead of amp models and only costs about $100.

If you see one in a retail store, definitely try it out because they don't last long. The one I bought was the first one they had gotten in, and I took it in less than 3 hours after it was put on display.

Re: Roland Cube 30

I've always wondered about those little suckers. Thanks!

Comment

So what ever happened to the little Trademark 10??

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
        So what ever happened to the little Trademark 10??
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I traded it in. They gave me $150 for it. I was sad to see it go. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X