Laney clips? anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney clips? anyone?

Does anyone have some clips of a Laney tube head? I'm really curious about these amps

Re: Laney clips? anyone?

BTT

Comment

subvamp you got mail..

Comment

Hey Jem777---yeah, that's my band. Glad you liked it! We just got picked up by an indie label out of Florida. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Black Label: I got your email....that's the earlier ProTube head. It's in great condition too! You'll probably have to use an overdrive pedal with it, because it dosen't have that second push/pull preamp section, but it's still a killer amp. You'll love it when it's cranked!

[ November 13, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Subvamp ]

Comment

so that was an AOR tube head? not bad at all. congrats on the label too. Does the distortion get any heavier than what you were doing?

Comment

Hey Vamp!!! Cool tune! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rare to hear nice competent guitar in that style of music, and you guys do it very well.

I'm crankin it now! Hel1 yeah!

Comment

Yeah, check this out:
              http://www.suburbanvamps.com/vampire_girl.MP3

This is me using my Laney AOR ProTube head, straight...no pedals, processors, etc. Just 1 cord, straight in, with a Laney 4x12 cab. I personally love Laney amps. (well, the old ones) They give a great tone, and they have push/pull boost knobs for bass mids and highs. (the bass boost is exactly the same effect as the Resonance knobs on a 5150) There are 2 versions of the ProTube head though, one that only has 1 preamp section, and the other that has a push/pull preamp--that's the one you want. The other version doesn't have hardly enough gain to do anything on it's own. Hope this helps!

Comment

ah man is that your band? that song f*&kin rocks!!!!!!i need more of that !

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ November 13, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: jem777LNG ]

Comment

Hey Cleveland---Thanks! That's sort of my angle, trying to stick guitar solos in that style of music. God knows it's needed! It seems to be getting a good response. It's hard to contain myself though and not go shreddin'. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Drip: Yes, you can get MUCH more gain than I'm using on that song. I had preamp 1 set to 10, and preamp 2 pulled to boost, and set on 4. You can really get massive amounts of gain from them. If you crank the gain it can get a bit noisy, but I found that a noise gate in the effects loop keeps it completely quiet.:-)

Comment

i just recently myself got a Laney AOR50 Pro-tube head and it is an awesome amp for the price they go for usually.

It has a great crunched and distorted sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X