HD147 is the hype for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD147 is the hype for real?

Ok guys I've been reading a LOT of great reviews about this head and I figure this is about the best place on the net to get a true answer.I only played a line 6 spider and it sucked so I'm curious about this new head. I see they can be had for 1099 shipped and I can swing that a lot better then 2300 for a Uberschall. I like the Bogner tone but if I can get close with this head for half the price along with other gains as well I'll be a happy dude. I read Pete's response (Twisteramps) and coming from a guy who builds amps and is I think a tube freak thats a big plus but anyone else.I hate to get this thing and still want a Uberschall. I bought a Mesa Recto and an Engl powerball and neither satified me since hearing the Uber. Thanks

Re: HD147 is the hype for real?

Originally posted by P I K A:
    ...I hate to get this thing and still want a Uberschall. I bought a Mesa Recto and an Engl powerball and neither satified me since hearing the Uber.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you just answered your own question PIKA... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Be patient, get the Uber...

Comment

i think you should get the hd since it is more affordable and has more sounds than an uber. sure it doesn't have the same sound/feel as a real uber, but i think the hd's other amp models more than make up for it. imo the hd on its own is awesome sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
        Ok guys I've been reading a LOT of great reviews about this head and I figure this is about the best place on the net to get a true answer.I only played a line 6 spider and it sucked so I'm curious about this new head. I see they can be had for 1099 shipped and I can swing that a lot better then 2300 for a Uberschall. I like the Bogner tone but if I can get close with this head for half the price along with other gains as well I'll be a happy dude. I read Pete's response (Twisteramps) and coming from a guy who builds amps and is I think a tube freak thats a big plus but anyone else.I hate to get this thing and still want a Uberschall. I bought a Mesa Recto and an Engl powerball and neither satified me since hearing the Uber. Thanks
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The HD147 is an Awesome amp and just added one to my personal amp collection.I like the Uberschall and owned one for 6 month's but preferred the XTC classic much more cause it was alot more versatile and not so boomy. But nonetheless it you played one and know that's your tone go for it.

Here's a clip done yesterday with my HD147 and G flex 4x12,
        http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000012913.mp3

Derek

Comment

Working...
        X