Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $600.00???

PS

If i forgot anything I am sure somebody else will chime in... Sorry in advance!

Comment

Oh yeah... There is also a Rectoverb head which is the Dual series with a reverb unit.

If you get ANY of these for $600 bucks (except for the single head used) you are getting a smokin deal.

I have a rackmount head and I know people say it sounds better than the all the others but I really don't believe it. The rackhead works for me better because I run rack gear with it.

[ November 12, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

get a laney, then tell me how awesome it is. So I will know if I should get one or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
          PS

If i forgot anything I am sure somebody else will chime in... Sorry in advance!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You forgot to mention that the older two channel Dual and Triple Rectifiers sound way better than the newer three channel models! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Just my opinion! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Now thats what I call information!!! Thanks Chris [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Carvin MTS3200, used the heads go for about $300-400, high gain and nice reverb, a best buy for sure!! Jack.

Comment

I'd go with a Mesa. I mean, I'm trying to find to find a dual recto for myself. You can SURELY get Godsmacks/Disturbed sound and still sounding like an 80's shredder. Plus, when you say you have a Mesa you know you have quality in there.

Comment

Line 6 Spider II HD
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                    The only downsides are versatility and loudness. Solid State just can't compare to tubes when it comes to sheer volume.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You've never played through a Sunn, have you? Pure, unadulterated, unfettered, unapologetic LOUD IN A BOX! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] A Beta Lead has 120 solid state watts that can destroy any Soldano or VHT you care to run up against it in terms of sheer volume.

Granted, the TONE is NOWHERE NEAR what you're looking for. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sinistas has a good choice, the Spider 2. Line6 has some home grown models that just rock. Spinal Puppet is one of them. Very Boogie sounding without the annoying Boogie buzz. They can do stuff like that in the modeling world. Spinal Puppet has multiple gain stages but with out the overhead of multipling the noise factor with every gain stage. They have many others that I use quite often. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

MSGFan...

Actually, he didn't fail to mention it, it's just not true. (That's MY opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

If he were to find a Dual or Triple for $600, he'd be stealing it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For $600, I'd find a used 5150. The clean channel ain't nothin' to write home about, but the crunchy channel makes up for it - brutal gain and power for the bucks. It's the official amp of the Gothenburg scene...

Mike
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Line 6 Flextone II HD.... you can't beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                            MSGFan...

Actually, he didn't fail to mention it, it's just not true. (That's MY opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

If he were to find a Dual or Triple for $600, he'd be stealing it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For $600, I'd find a used 5150. The clean channel ain't nothin' to write home about, but the crunchy channel makes up for it - brutal gain and power for the bucks. It's the official amp of the Gothenburg scene...

Mike
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you want to go with a way over priced tone less amp, that's your problem! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            That's my opinion! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            I'd go for a used single recto before I would get a three channel recto! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, without getting carried away into a back-and-forth, here, I assure you that my 3 Channel Triple Rec is hardly "toneless". The two channel wasn't quite as "tight" sounding to me, that's really the only difference, IMO.

I think the Single sounds good, too - really, they're all just minor variances of the same thing. The extra headroom of the Triple just seems to work better for my playing, for whatever reason. Plus, the "orange" channel's slight EQ difference makes for a better lead tone, to me, anyway.

</mesa defense>

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] "BOO YA' GRANDMA" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X