Question about George L cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about George L cables

Ok so, I'm going to rewire my rack with .155 but im not sure wether or not to get the black or vintage red "effects kit". My other question is regarding the cable from guitar to preamp. Should i just go with 20 feet of the black .225 cable? or a 20 foot vintage red?
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: Question about George L cables

I just use the black 155. Even as my guitar to amp cable, haha...

I'll figure there are more durable though for that application. I just like the stuff and have lots around.

Comment

Cool, thanks man.
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Bear in mind, I haven't tried the red stuff. I'm so happy with the black 155, which I've used extensively, I just haven't ventured away.

The only thing I've tried that I like better is Monster Studio Pro 1000. And it's way too expensive.

Hopefully, someone who has tried both can comment on the difference. I can't imagine it would be that much.

Red is pretty though....

Comment

Any noticeable noise difference between the 15 and 20 footers?
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

In the George Ls, I make all my own. And I never noticed any difference in the sound differences in the lengths.

In Monster, I can't hear a difference in the length either.

Comment

Mrs.George L herself told me length was not a factor when using their cables.No signal loss due to length.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

sweet!
                www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                  Mrs.George L herself told me length was not a factor...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya, well all the girls say that, but you know they don't mean it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

... for what it's worth, I have .150 and .225 cables in 12 to 18 foot lengths, and they all sound the same to me... the .225s are a little heavier, and don't twist up quite as quickly as a result, but that's the only difference I've noticed - except for the fact that I haven't seen any right-angle plugs for the .225 cable yet... George L's is wonderful stuff!

Comment

just my preference:

George L's for the effects, and Klotz from guitar to pedal board and pedal board to amp. I could not get the G. L's to work for me as my main cable.

Comment

Anyone have a problem with the right angle plugs comeing loose after a while. I made them up a bout a year ago and all the sudden I'm haveing problems with my cable conections making nois and dropping out , but when you touch the plugs they cut back in.
                      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
                      X