Dreamland Rebel or Twisteramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamland Rebel or Twisteramps

I am definitely jonesin for a Mesa .50 cal combo with the EL-84s and the only one that I have been able to find does not have the EQ. Is this a must? Would I be able to do the same thing with a Boss GE-7?

I would really like to purchase this one because it is local and I could get it in my basement under the wife's radar.

Re: Dreamland Rebel or Twisteramps

Originally posted by jgcable:
    I had a studio 22 with the EQ and one without. I thought the EQ made a huge difference. I would guess it would be the same for the 50Cal. I would look for one with it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A 7 band would tweak better, however. I don't think you'd miss the EQ if you used an EQ in the fx loop. Heck, if you can get it cheap, buy it, try it, and sell if you don't like it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Pete,
      see everybody is wait for twisteramp the COMBO! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

I mean, we all want the power of poseidon in an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong:
          Pete,
          see everybody is wait for twisteramp the COMBO! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Fong
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahah!Passed the edit time! it's suppose to be waiting! hhehe

Fong

[ November 12, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Chameleonfong ]

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
            I am definitely jonesin for a Mesa .50 cal combo with the EL-84s and the only one that I have been able to find does not have the EQ. Is this a must? Would I be able to do the same thing with a Boss GE-7?

I would really like to purchase this one because it is local and I could get it in my basement under the wife's radar.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GE7 would sound better ran through the fx loop - you'll likely get a little more hiss with it, however. Also, the built in 5band is footswitchable.

Pete

Comment

I had a studio 22 with the EQ and one without. I thought the EQ made a huge difference. I would guess it would be the same for the 50Cal. I would look for one with it.

Comment

mine does have the eq, but honestly i barely ever use it. but then again i do not run anything through the effects loop. i just turn off the presence and put the reverb on 2 or 3. and i love it to death. mine is the head version and i run it through a 2x12 verticle recto cab.

its really up to you. having the eq makes the whole thing more versitile. but it isn't necesary.
                ~JW
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                X