twisteramps??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twisteramps??????

what would you insist on me getting for heavy metal???????

im so confused..

people told me the 5150..offered nothing
    crate voodoo-offered me nothing
    Ampeg--offered me nothing-
    marshall-offered me nothing...
    mesa-nothing

please help

Re: twisteramps??????

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I think I'm confused now. All of those amps have been used for metal.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If those amps gave you nothing than I would think that my Carvin Quad X /T-100 would also give you nothing. With the possible exception of the Blue Voodoo, all the amps are totally "metal" approved. It is tough to find more gain than a Mesa or a 5150 could dish out. My Quad X has more gain than either but not much more. Sounds to me like you might need a Marshall JCM800, a Boss Metal Zone and a GE-7 to get the distortion/gain you are looking for.

Comment

There are people who dislike every amp. Any one of those can be dialed in to a "metal" sound. Of those the 5150 gets the highest reviews around here, but I've never cranked one.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
          what would you insist on me getting for heavy metal???????

im so confused..

people told me the 5150..offered nothing
          crate voodoo-offered me nothing
          Ampeg--offered me nothing-
          marshall-offered me nothing...
          mesa-nothing

please help
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What did you NOT like about the amps above?

Pete

Comment

Agreed, I had a 5150 for around 1 year gigging live and I never had it past 5 ever. Total heavy metal amp and sick crazy loud. It was a real monster. Only 2 reasons why I sold it.
            #1. to fuggin heavy (it was a combo)
            #2. horrible dry lifeless clean channel. I have heard that the 5150II fixed that problem.

Comment

Black_Label,

If you tried all those amps but didn't hear the "metal" sound you want out of any of them in any form whatsoever, you might have ears like mine. I don't hear the full metal sound I like out of most amp heads or combos, either...they just don't do anything for me by themselves. I resigned to the fact that my taste in sound requires a lot more than just an amp by itself, or a rack preamp by itself. The only amp heads I've heard/played that got me anywhere close were in the ridiculously-overpriced range hehehe. I eventually went the overcomplicated rack route and eventually found pretty much exactly what I was looking for. You might find that you have to do the same in the end.

Stu

Comment

My Marshall TSL100 with Boss GT6 gives me a perfect metal sound. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                  My Marshall TSL100 with Boss GT6 gives me a perfect metal sound. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah most people's amps give em the metal sound they want. My DSL 401 gives me the metal sound I want. Poor Black Label just cant find his in any amp tho.

Have ya tried Egnater, VHT... Randall, Diezel.. hmmm others?

Comment

Yup, sounds like its time to go to the next level, ie; Bogner Uber, Ecstacy, Soldano SLO, Diezel, loaded VHT, and so on, or as Stu suggested, high end rack stuff.

Comment

ADA MP-1 with an EQ unit in the loop into a tube power amp into a 2x12 cabinet. 4x12 cabs can get muddy, or just plain too loud to be useful. A pair of 2x12 cabs like the Carvin VE212 with a Twisteramps power amp and the MP-1 and external Parametric EQ unit will give you what you want, without the outrageous cost of a Bogner.

If you're one of the less-fortunate can't afford to throw money into the big boutique amps like Diezel and Bogner, try spending a weekend with the setup I mentioned above.
                      Higher price does not guarantee you'll be happy with it.

Newc

[ November 14, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        If you're one of the less-fortunate can't afford to throw money into the big boutique amps [...]
                        Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya mean like us normal people? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, us normal people [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Must be nice to be able to drop a coupla grand on a boutique amp [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Hell, I'd be happy as a necrophiliac in a morgue if I just had a band to use my "low end" stuff with [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

they never had a black label megadeth sound at high volumes....

i was impressed by the bogner and by some randall amps....
                            oh yeah i played a carvin and i loved it too....

just want something for a cheaper price...

hey jgCable....carvins are great for distortion....maby they are my sound....never knew that til here not too long ago.......thats why i want yours.....i just wanted more info....

Comment

NEVER MIND.....

I found the amp with the sound i want ..
                              killer distortion and hella' Bass

Behold....

the :
                              RANDALL CYCLONE....

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

Working...
                              X