twisteramps??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: twisteramps??????

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] No offence, but how much time did you spend with each of the these particular models? I mean, everyone has their own taste and I do hope you find what you're looking for, but it kind of sounds like you're not too sure. Some of these amps take more that a ten minute setting to get it dialed in and get a "God-like" tone, but it can be achieved. Just my 2 cents, but seriously, good luck and I do hope you find something you'll be happy with. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

believe me i have spent more than 10 minutes with each one..

i own the voodoo
      i owned an jcm800

my friend had a 5150 and xxx

my friends guitar teacher had a mesa rectifier..

so yeah i have played them all...

and i found the best one suited for me..

The randall CYCLONE...

its by far the best one for heavy metal...in my opinion......

but everyones opinion is different...and everyones sound is different...

at least it should be....

Comment

oh yeah...
        i have owned a few lee jackson ampegs...
        and i have a Laney Combo......
        the laney is Badd Ace too..just not loud enough.....

[ November 15, 2003, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Black_Label ]

Comment

I heard those Randall V maxs are pretty sweet.

I saw Satriani with XXL (the solidstate one, if the solid state one is XXX, then that is what it was, offhand I don't remember, I just remember knowing EXACTLY what the control panel looked like, and seeing it in MF).

I have owned a 5150II, just not to my liking. I have owned alot of Marshalls, Silver Jubilee, Valvestate, the newer valvestate, the MG, you name it. Back in the day, I had even less money than I do now.

Well now, I have a little bit of money to decide what I want, but the pain in the ass thing is I am a bargain shopper, and I refuse to believe that I always have to spend more to get more (which is sadly sometimes the case).

However, I played a Diezel VH4 for about 35 minutes in Monroeville PA, this guy had one in, and I offfered him my TSL100, and my Mesa 3x rectifier, and another 400$ or likr 700$, he told me, While I would do it, however they just are not my sound.

I have never played a VHT I liked more than my Mesa. Same with Soldano.I played a Bogner Shiva before that was sweet as hell, and a few others.

With these tube amps, when you change one setting, the rest change too, so you have to spend ALOT of time EQing.

I will tell you what, when I listen to my Mesa sometimes, it seems not enough gain, or seems muddy, but then I hear it recorded, and it is like, alright, this is sweet.

Same with my Marshall TSL, sometimes it seems like not enough gain, or kinda muddy.

Comment

My buddy in Mushroom head is using the Randall V-Max, he's endorsed by them. Hear it a bit on the new Mushroomhead CD. He prefers his old Marshall 800s really.

I've heard him play it enough, it's "ok". I could get one pretty cheap, but it doesn't pique my attention too much.

Comment

have you ever thought that i might just be your cabinet that causes you to be unhappy with your sound? or the particular cab you were using with each amp you didn't like? i know that i personnaly was never happy with the sound of any of my amps till i got the cabinet that i have now. and it took me a long time to figure out what i needed in a cab to get the sound that i wanted. (and now i have: me = closed back with vintage 30's) and the better biult ones will always sound better. i can get the sound i want with my boogie or even a fender rock pro head. what you hear your sound with is half the equation.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Satriani plays Triple X's. His tone IMHO was the best out of all at the G3.

Comment

I never was able to dail in an "over the edge" metal tone out of any tube amp i tried (the only exception is the Bogner Überschall). I own a Dual Rectifier and even with this i need a pedal in front and a eq in the effect loop.
                  I did choose the Rectifier because i liked the sound. It just needs a little front end boosting and a little eq and now i am really happy.
                  Some people say it's sacrilegious to use additional eq and solid state preamps/booster in front of a tube amp but honestly i don't care. I just like it to sound heavy and good and that's impossible for me with just any tube amp (again the Überschall is really something different but also too expensive for me).
                  I always considered solid state amps having a heavier distortion than tube amps. But tube amps easily have the better tone and punch. So i just use both in my setup and i am really satisfied this way.

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Working...
                  X