GE-7 in front of the amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE-7 in front of the amp

I want to scoop some mids from my guitar. It the ge-7 affective in front of the amp without any distortion pedal or dose it work best in the effects loop? The sounds from my guitar is very very bassy and midrangey because of the ****in Tone Zone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: GE-7 in front of the amp

In the loop will give you the control you need. In front will give you a signal boost and is altering the signal from the guitar into the preamp section whereas in the loop is after the signal comes from the guitar and the preamp. If you place it in front you are going to use it more as a volume boost for solos. Through the loop you will be altering the signal before it goes to the power section of the amp.

Comment

You can do it, but I'm not sure if the GE-7 will target the frequencies you're after. It won't make as big a difference to the overall tone compared to putting it in the loop, but it will make a difference (in a different way to putting it in the loop).

I'd say you're better off with a new pickup though. If you want a scooped sound, maybe a Steve's Special.

Comment

I'd also say try the eq in the loop. It always seems to sound better there than in front of the amp. Also, what kind of amp are you using, and can't you just boost the treble and cut the bass and mids on it? I've got a Tone Zone in one of my Jacksons (tuned to D) and I've got to change the settings on my Mesa to make it not sound as dark as my other guitars.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys! I´ll skip the GE-7 and put my replifex in the loop and try to use its eq.

Comment

Working...
          X