Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about picking up an ADA MP-1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about picking up an ADA MP-1...

I've never played one but I've heard tons of good stuff about em and they go for pretty cheap used...

I'm looking to get a sort of Nevermore 'Politics of Ecstasy' sound...is that achievable? Also, what's a good inexpensive poweramp I could use with the ADA?

Thanks in advance dudes!

Re: Thinking about picking up an ADA MP-1...

I'm not sure who Nevermore is but the MP-1 is a cool little unit. It does the hot rodded Marshall thing really well. It'll do other things, too with a little tweaking. It has a nice solid state clean and the clean tube mode breaks up nicely when pushed. A nice cheap power amp for this is one of the Peavey Classic Series. Don't laugh, they're not bad. I have a Classic 60 and the build quality is pretty good. There were two periods for these, the first series that had 6l6's and the second series that had el-84's. If you look around you should be able to find one of these for around $250, maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

Comment

Cool thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
        I'm looking to get a sort of Nevermore 'Politics of Ecstasy' sound...
        Also, what's a good inexpensive poweramp I could use with the ADA?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Early Nevermore used Langner Amplication's DCP-1 preamp and the
        Langner Brutus - a KT88-powered monobloc rack amp.

Check-out this other Todd Langner-related post,
        also located within the Jackson/Charvel Forum.

Ultimatetone.com

Comment

Working...
        X