effects question...or suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effects question...or suggestion?

I was wondering if any effects manufacturer makes pedals that can be adjusted via a rocker pedal (like a wah). for instance, a distortion pedal that increases gain as you step on it, or a chorus that increases in rate or depth as you depress it. If no one makes them, is there anyone here who could? just a fleeting thought.

Re: effects question...or suggestion?

It's probably not exactly what you want, but the Digitech GNX series have that capability. I have a GNX2, and you are able to assign pretty much any parameter to the rocker pedal. Depending on what you use it for, it's not a bad unit. I tried it out with my band at practice, and was pretty much lost in the mix, but for jammin' at home, or recording, it works great.

Pat

Comment

I've got a DOD GS30 that does that. It was one of the first modeling pedal systems that came out in the late '90s. The pedal can be programmed for volume, increasing gain, adjusting level, amount of effect, speed for chorus, tremolo, phase, flanger, etc. I'd guess it's pretty much the same things as the Digitech stuff since they're the same company.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used to run a Digitech GSP-2101 effects unit and I believe that you can control individual parameters for an effect with the cc pedal. I used to feed delay into the tail end of my solo phrases that way and add a harmony to some leads with the cc pedal. You can pick up the 2101 and later gens of that unit for pretty cheap and they are killer sounding. Now I use a TC Electronic G-Force, their top end guitar effects unit. It doesn't have preamp like distortion but with my MPX-R1 midi board, I can control any aspect of any effect in real time. They make a G-Major which is arguably as good as the G-Force but much less expensive. I'm pretty sure it'll do the same thing and it may even have a dedicated distortion/overdrive effect but I'm not positive. Hope that helps.
        Tom

Comment

Roland made a pedal, I think called the Jet Phase, which was a phaser that you could adjust the speed of the phase effect with a rocker-style pedal. Also check out the Dunlop Rotovibe...it's supposed to be sort of like a Univibe in one package, but most people say that it has it's own unique sound, which is a combination of a phaser and a chorus pedal. Then of course there is the Univibe itself... And last but not least there was a series of Maestro pedals that had big wheel-style things on the sides instead of knobs that you could adjust with your foot.

Comment

thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Working...
            X