Overall best ultra high gain shreddin amp for metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overall best ultra high gain shreddin amp for metal

My Uberschall rules supreme!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

two more to add to jgcables SS using list, Static-X and Prong
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

what happened to your PP? it took a back seat?

Originally posted by horns666:
        My Uberschall rules supreme!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Hey I played/owned ALL amps mentioned above so far ... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

but when my PP and my Uberschall get together ....it's armegeddon baby!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a VHT Pittbull Classic that I'm very happy with. It's the best hi-gain amp I've owned so far. I've played and owned a couple and this is the one that I like best. There are other excellent amps out there but this is the one that fits me and my playing best.

Comment

VHTs are nice .. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but for sheer brutality NOTHING beats and Uberschall....period.

[ November 22, 2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Ehh, I beg to differ... The Uberschall is pretty darn cool. But, you know what's up... hehe...

CAE3+se cough cough... VHT2150... cough... Hehehe...

Not a head though... So, the Uber reigns up top in heads I spose... Ya need to try a VHT UL also though...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                  Ehh, I beg to differ... The Uberschall is pretty darn cool. But, you know what's up... hehe...

CAE3+se cough cough... VHT2150... cough... Hehehe...

Not a head though... So, the Uber reigns up top in heads I spose... Ya need to try a VHT UL also though...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is the custom audios preamp? the one that megadeth used?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    VHTs are nice .. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but for sheer brutality NOTHING beats and Uberschall....period.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah i heard one once and was very SAD! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] why? cause it was not in my financial reach [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                      two more to add to jgcables SS using list, Static-X and Prong
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, Static X and Prong also used Valvestates.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
                        Hey Derek what is more brutal then a Uberschall?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only speak for myself you'd have to determine that for yourself.I do however prefer ENGL amps for the music I play.

Derek

Comment

Trying to compare all tube high-gain heads like the Überschall, VHT UL, Diezel Herbert to SS POS squawk boxes like the XXL or even 5150/XXX (which are tube amps) is insane. It's like comparing a Turbo Bentley to a Hyundai Sonata... why even bother.
                          [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 22, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Wizard of Ozz ]

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz:
                            Trying to compare all tube high-gain heads like the Überschall, VHT UL, Diezel Herbert to SS POS squawk boxes like the XXL or even 5150/XXX is insane. It's like comparing a Turbo Bentley to a Hyundai Sonata... why even bother.
                            [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Pick up a used Roc Pro 1000 head (I got one) and get one of Twisteramp's little power amps - totally makes the Fender come alive [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

while I understand that many people here have high-end amps like the Bogner, VHT, Soldano, Diezel, Engl, etc., I think the dude wanted help finding something affordable. Okay, XXX and 5150 have their bad points (mushy or buzzy), but for the money, one could cetainly get by. I had a snakeskin covered SLO about 8 years ago. I hated it. It was like a giant buzz box to me. Others swear by that amp. I personally love my Rivera m-100's. A lot of people here can't stand Rivera...oh well. I like them and they work for me. Some guys like the harsh in your face tone of solid state. I don't. I like my sounds to be very focused in a certain mid-range frequency, and to be smooth. I think from the aspect of being AFFORDABLE, there are still many choices. The best thing to do is shop around. Usually I HATE HATE HATE marshall amps, but tonight I found a marshall that slays. I bought it (for the record it's the jcm 800 2204 mk. II that has been modded with 2 extra tubes and an extra gain knob). It was AFFORDABLE also...$700.

Then and again, I could be wrong. Maybe the dude has a ton of cash and can afford a Bogner. And maybe I'm just a dick.
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X