Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Overall best ultra high gain shreddin amp for metal

Shut Up Ron.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well I honestlty don't have the means to record a sample at a drop of a hat ...

I not practicing by John's anymore... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

BUT....it could [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...unless you have an Uber yourself ...

What kind of amp ya thinkin' of throwin' against it....for my curiousity??!!

If your talkin' Rectos , 5150s , XXX , Crates , Randalls , Pods , ANY Marshall , Mesa and whatnots......please don't waste my time..

BUT If you have something worthy of a duel ...I'll try and arrange it where I can thrown Down a sample or two...straight (that's the way I play it anywhoo)..

Well ...I'm actually at the CM's mercy to do it for me....'cuz I'm really fuckin' stupid [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

I'll be going to the studio reasonably soon to record the goods..for my band Bed Of Nails.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well I know as a fact by playing almost every amp made under the freakin' sun ...the Uber is by far the most Brutal ...it's a friggin' flame thrower..it's not an amp.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
      i'm telling you Roc Pro - under 200 used on ebay, and they sound way better than the 5150 noise factory. hey can i get some tone with that noise please? i'd rather have a peavey ultra.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not hard to clean it up though. I have to hear a roc pro agin because the one I tried sucked so bad I felt sorry for the guy who bought it. Thats probably why they are going for $200. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I think the 5150 is a great choice if you like the In Flames Arch Enemy type sound. If you want similar to the Recto sound I would look into the XXX forsure. I just don't think the Roc Pro will get you anywhere near that. Just pay attention to what people listen to and like, then the ones whose tastes are similar to yours will be the best ones to listen to.
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah that rocpro of johnnys sounded way bad kinda like a jcm 800 with a permament mid boost lol that was my fault I talked him into it cause he wanted something cheap for a head but I never knew he'd play the fucker for this long lol ! but about the 5150 being noisey I'd have to agree with Dave they sound fine , must of been the guitar bad pick ups maybe or the tubes were shot that happens sometimes . but for a good all around amp for me it's the XXL tons of gain tons of multi useable channels , any thing from a peavey ultra tone to a peavey 5150 tone to a mesa dual rec tone to a jcm 900 tone , and also 3 great clean settings , and I need my amp for lottsa stuff do to the other projects I do and just a Severed Serenity tone won't do so all I was saying basicly is it's so nice having something so versitial and affordable anyway thats all . and Bill I wish you lived closer I'd love to try out some of your gear , we don't get anything like that up here at all , or at least we never see it , but me and dave are going to Vancouver for the dimmu show this monday so as Vancouver being a big city we are gonna check some shit out , and hopfully get our pics with alexi and roope from cob and maybe the dimmu guys as well . //Steve

Comment

I'll put my Engl e580/Mesa 2:90 up against it. Even IF the Uber sounds "better", it's not gonna be by much.
        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Cmon guys,this thing is getting lame!
          "My amp is more brutal than yours [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] !
          Naahh...
          In my opinion there's not just a kind of brutal sound,and a real Deathster could play brutal also straight to an unmodded Marshall Plexi!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
            Naahh...
            In my opinion there's not just a kind of brutal sound,and a real Deathster could play brutal also straight to an unmodded Marshall Plexi!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes it is getting old , sorry I am bored today lol //Steve

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">?De quién amplificador es más macho?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You know , I wasn't totaly jazzed with this amp ....until recently.

This thing sure takes alot of tweakin' to get the most out of it..

But I'm sure happy with it now [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ...and I run the Gain FULL up!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I never seen anyone or heard of someone running the gain like that on a Uber....But mine sure likes it!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Speakin' of Brutal ....anyone hear the new Lamb Of God (as the palaces burn) ??....I like it!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The 5150 .....or the 5150 ......or the 5150! Then send it to me for a mod. Listen to the clips!
                  Jerry
                  FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    ?De quién amplificador es más macho?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah ah!
                    The first question mark has to be reversed!!
                    [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Btw,I will say "Di chi e' l'amplificatore piu' figo?" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                      You know , I wasn't totaly jazzed with this amp ....until recently.

This thing sure takes alot of tweakin' to get the most out of it..

But I'm sure happy with it now [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ...and I run the Gain FULL up!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I never seen anyone or heard of someone running the gain like that on a Uber....But mine sure likes it!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Speakin' of Brutal ....anyone hear the new Lamb Of God (as the palaces burn) ??....I like it!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah it's ok I don't mind it [the new lamb of god] getts boring real quick though they just don't have catchy enough riffs for me , and it sounds to much like all those slayer wana be bands from the late 80's it's all right there in your face and after a couple of listens thats enough , but there was some good riffs on there though . //Steve

Comment

Naahh...
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah right! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] a unmodded plexi has very little gain,post a clip of YOU playing death metal through it with nothing in the signal but the amp/guitar! I need a laugh [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I would like to do it [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                          But first of all,give me a Marshall Plexi full stack! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MD:
                            I had a snakeskin covered SLO about 8 years ago. I hated it.
                            It was like a giant buzz box to me. Others swear by that amp.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whenever I see a Soldano SLO-100 for sale, it still has the
                            crappy Sovtek 5881 tubes it typically ships with AND it ALMOST NEVER
                            has a DEPTH KNOB or any other factory mods installed in it.
                            The 'Haynes mod' would have taken care of that 'buzz box' problem right away.
                            The DEPTH KNOB is just like a Resonance, Focus, or Density control - very useful!
                            Also the SRV/DiMartini Mod make the clean channel to die for!
                            Replacing the lame Sovtek 5881 power tubes with a matched quartet
                            of GrooveTubes exclusive GTKT66HP # 8 rated tubes make the SLO-100 STOMP!

Originally posted by MD:
                            Usually I HATE HATE HATE marshall amps, but tonight I found
                            a marshall that slays. I bought it (for the record it's the
                            jcm 800 2204 mk. II that has been modded with 2 extra tubes and
                            an extra gain knob). It was AFFORDABLE also...$700.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Try putting some KT88 tubes in your 2204 -
                            it will become the most brutal 2204 around.

I modded my '81 JCM800 2203 100-watt head to 'tap'
                            into its power section as described here and
                            plug (no pun intended) my 3-Tube Modded ADA MP-1
                            into this newly installed 'TruTap' jack on the 2203.
                            I just added some 3-Tube Modded MP-1 sound clips in the
                            appropriate section of this forum. (not of my rig though)

Ultimatetone.com

Comment

Try putting some KT88 tubes in your 2204 -
                              it will become the most brutal 2204 around.

"I modded my '81 JCM800 2203 100-watt head to 'tap'
                              into its power section as described here and
                              plug (no pun intended) my 3-Tube Modded ADA MP-1
                              into this newly installed 'TruTap' jack on the 2203.
                              I just added some 3-Tube Modded MP-1 sound clips in the
                              appropriate section of this forum. (not of my rig though)"

Damn, that's a nice tone bro! I see you recorded direct for the clips, but kind of power amp do you usually use?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

quote:
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally posted by MD:
                                I had a snakeskin covered SLO about 8 years ago. I hated it.
                                It was like a giant buzz box to me. Others swear by that amp.
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I see a Soldano SLO-100 for sale, it still has the
                                crappy Sovtek 5881 tubes it typically ships with AND it ALMOST NEVER
                                has a DEPTH KNOB or any other factory mods installed in it.
                                The 'Haynes mod' would have taken care of that 'buzz box' problem right away.
                                The DEPTH KNOB is just like a Resonance, Focus, or Density control - very useful!
                                Also the SRV/DiMartini Mod make the clean channel to die for!
                                Replacing the lame Sovtek 5881 power tubes with a matched quartet
                                of GrooveTubes exclusive GTKT66HP # 8 rated tubes make the SLO-100 STOMP!

True, my SLO was unmodded, but for that kind of money the amp should sound good out of the box. To me it is silly to spend almost 2G's on a head and have to have it modded to get a kick ass tone. Maybe I'm just cheap...or crazy. That's what attracted me to Rivera. For my needs, it was great out of the box, totally stock.
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X