v-amp2 death metal clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-amp2 death metal clip

I made this for a death metal drumjam post on the harmony-central forum. Some dude made a drump clip and a bunch of people recorded over it. It was awesome to see all the different ideas ppl came up with over the same drum part. anyways, enjoy!
    http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000013317.mp3
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: v-amp2 death metal clip

Nice tone and playing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

ty!
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert:
        I made this for a death metal drumjam post on the harmony-central forum. Some dude made a drump clip and a bunch of people recorded over it. It was awesome to see all the different ideas ppl came up with over the same drum part. anyways, enjoy!
        http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000013317.mp3
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds B A D A S S Man! What did u use (besides the v-amp2) to record that track.

Great tone btw. Gets the ladies wet for sure [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

emg 81, v-amp2 direct into sound blaster audigy 2 platinum ex, recorded with cubasis vst @ 24bit, no eq'ing through cubasis, just panned the two tracks left and right and set the volumes.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Between the sound cutting out on my pathetic dial-up connection and that wicked playing, I think I had a seizure. Cool stuff! Man I love harmonics. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

That was absolutely the most badass clip I've ever heard posted on the JCF. Period. Reminds me a bit of Decapitated [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Are you in a band? If so I'd LOVE to hear some of that stuff!!!

Also, is that drum file done with samples or did the guy record his actual drum kit? Because if those are samples, I want em!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 21, 2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

Niiiiiice [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The opening riff kicked my assssss!

Comment

thanks fella's [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  The band I'm in is called Severed Savior. I did the first cd "forced to bleed" not the newer one "brutality is law". (quit the band for a year when we started writing for the new one, but i came back recently) If yer interested in a cd i can hook you up cheap. As far as the drum track, I'm not sure what the guy used to make it but he made the drums sound pretty damn good.
                  www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                    Niiiiiice [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The opening riff kicked my assssss!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sure did! I wanna hear som fast riffs from you Cleve! Your rig if so ****in nice and it makes me think that your as good. Prove it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Smokin Dude!

May i ask for your settings ?

I have one too but a JB instead of EMG 81 in the guitar.

I play thru "Modern Hi-Gain" with cab #15
                      Gain: 8 and 9
                      Treble: 7 and 8 (if i hold down "TAP" (2nd par)It's on 9)
                      Mid: 5
                      Bass: 3
                      Volume: 4

NO Reverb and NO Effects

Comment

Here's the settings i used bob
                        (emg 81 for reference)
                        amp model: modern high gain
                        drive boost: on
                        cabinet model: #15
                        Gain: at max or one to two steps below
                        Treble: at max or one step below
                        Presence: 3-4 o'clock
                        mid: 10-11 o'clock
                        bass: 11-12 o'clock
                        Effect: just a touch of compression
                        Reverb: type #2 set to 9 o'clock (i found that using just a tiny bit of this reverb gave it a little more of a "hollow" slightly scooped sound)
                        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Severed Savior, cool band. I used to jam with Rob in Yahoo chat alot back in the day. I really miss him....

Comment

I only met Rob a few times, but he was a very cool guy. A couple months after we recorded forced to bleed i split, he joined and then unfortunatly passed away only like 2 months later. His sister comes to our rehearsals once and awhile, she's a really good person too.

[ November 21, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Gilbert ]
                            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert:
                              thanks fella's [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              The band I'm in is called Severed Savior. I did the first cd "forced to bleed" not the newer one "brutality is law". (quit the band for a year when we started writing for the new one, but i came back recently) If yer interested in a cd i can hook you up cheap. As far as the drum track, I'm not sure what the guy used to make it but he made the drums sound pretty damn good.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hot damn, you guys are playing in my town next Friday! Goddammit, my band is playing a show that night too otherwise I'd definitely check it out!!!!

Again, this clip is badass as hell, I already have a POD 2.0 but I can't get a sound half as badass as you did out of the V-Amp 2, so it looks like I'm buying a V-Amp 2 VERY soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X