No announcement yet.

Marshall info needed: ID, Mods, Value..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall info needed: ID, Mods, Value..

Thanks
    I do alot of different mods not just one. So just tell me the sound you want and I'll do my best to get you there.

With the Jose stuff most of the early stuff he did is the best. His later work was not as good. He was not in the best of health. Most of the Jose mod's I'v seen that don't sound right are because of another tech trying to fix or improve Jose's mod with out understanding what he was doing.

If your Jose moded amp needs a tune up let me know.

If anyone has any questions Email me at [email protected] or just post them here. I will try to help.

NOR, I would have to see the inside of the amp to be able to tell you what mod is in there. If you can send me some pic's of the inside of the amp I might be able to tell you whats up with it.

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Mark

Comment

Actually.. I have a reputed Jose modded Laney AOR pro tube 100 that just so happens does need a tune up, so I appreciate the offer and I'll most likely be shooting you an email. The guy who owned it before me and requested the mod played for a band called Panda. I realize you probably did/seen thousands of mods. That's about all I have on it's background,.. no documentation.
      however, it seems to be genuine/Jose's work from what I've been able to gather so far.

Comment

Jose modded Laney??
        That is an interesting amp.

Here is my Jose amp.
        It sounds great and I like it a lot.
        It has some cool push/pull stuff.

Hey Mark, what's up!

I would need an amp that would sound like huge snowball coming from the top of the winter mountain. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I will try to get an amp and send you for the mod.
        I miss that Depth mod,massive botom and gain.

I heard Doug was using John Suhr modded Marshall for the Whitesnake tour and your amp for soloing.

Thanks!

Comment

you guys should check out www.marshallarts.org
          for all your Marshall history lesson needs! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(btw in case you wondered, I own a JCM 900 SL-X 100W head w 1960A 4x12") with plans for a mod!

cheers,

- Rune. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
            That's about all I have on it's background
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Dangit CG will you learn how to use that apostrophe?! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, hi Mark! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Found this on the Harmony Central Amp Forum (Calling All Professional Amp-techs!)thread. Nice clips of Mark's fine work. You can hear how his modded Marshalls sound.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Vi...p?userid=95914

Comment

Working...
              X