Flextone III Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone III Plus

Are you guys of the opinion that running the Flextone III plus through a closed back 2x12 would make things even sweeter sonically? I thought about getting a Genz Benz for it but I also thought about taking the Flex III back to GC and trading up for a Vetta combo. They have one on the floor right now for a grand. I could pay the extra 4 bills and update the software and basically get all the new models that are in the Vetta II.
    Let me say right now that I am not selling my Marshall gear, but for small gigs I am verrry impressed with the Flex III's sound. So lets not get into the whole "tube vs. ss" thing.
    What do you guys think, Pete? JG?

Re: Flextone III Plus

The Vetta 2 is an awesome combo. Personally I prefer the modular approach. A Flex 3 with a Genz Benz closed cab would give you the option of just using the combo alone or adding the cabinet. I practice at home with a Crate DXJ112. It is a 1 x 12 60w modeling amp similar to the Flextone XL with an open back. It didn't come with a speaker cabinet out. I installed a speaker defeat switch along with an external cabinet out jack. I use my Randall closed back 2 x 12 cabinet that is similar to the Genz Benz you are thinking about and it abaolutely rips. Tons of bottom and much more volume. It is enough to compete with a loud drummer for practice or small gigs and I always have the option of just using the combo alone with the 1 x 12 for small rehearsals, recording or solo practice.

Comment

Working...
    X