BAD ASS DEATH/SHRED AMP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BAD ASS DEATH/SHRED AMP!

I've got one, but you'd need to put it through a power amp to drive a 4X12. I use mine to test guitars, and to play really quitely, like if I'm jamming at someone's house and they have an acoustic. I like the little bugger. Paid like $20 for it about 6 years ago, and even the cigarette box has held together. Same 9V battery and everything.

Oh, and Ed, looks like everyone but you got the joke. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:

Oh, and Ed, looks like everyone but you got the joke. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh was that what it was [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      well in that case! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

"I heard that Lynch used a Squire Sidekick to record the entire Back for the Attack album. SO did Metal Church and many other bands"

Yes, indeed they sure did. But George Lynch had his modded out with spray painted knobs!

"And I thought George Lynch used a Pignose"

Nope. He just had pignose in his backline for endorsment contractual obligations.

"Awesome ....they really come to life when you put a BBE in the loop.."

Why would I need to fuck my shred tone up? This thing screams with presence.

"Did you know that the new Cannibal Corpse album was recorded completely on Smokey Amps? Those little ones in the cigarette packs. One watt of pure solid state MAYHEM!!"

Just to think...I've got 12 watts in my backline. We're talking sonic brutality here. Solid state mayhem, PH33R IT!

As far as me paying to much..no way..the salesman told me I was getting the best deal he has ever seen!

"I have a killer mod for your Squire Sidekick. You gotta replace the 8" Chinese speaker with a Korean version that comes stock in the amps they sell at Walmart. Also, cut off the AC power cord so that you can't plug it into the wall anymore. That amp sounds fantastic acoustically. I think that Hendrix used that exact amp at the Philmore."

I'll have to try that...Korean is a step up from Chinese..and I can't even imagine this amp sounding better. Now, cutting the power cord is just silly. How can I rock out in venues like "The Bedroom "The Livingroom " "patio" without power? I might try plugging it in backwards...I read soemwhere that it makes em run hotter.

This was Jimi's amp. The salesman said so.

Hahahahah.

You guys rule.

Comment

I have a killer mod for your Squire Sidekick. You gotta replace the 8" Chinese speaker with a Korean version that comes stock in the amps they sell at Walmart. Also, cut off the AC power cord so that you can't plug it into the wall anymore. That amp sounds fantastic acoustically. I think that Hendrix used that exact amp at the Philmore. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

my mighty Marshall half stack ownz joo!!

Hail yesterday

Comment

My, what huge knobs you have, Gary! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

G that just may give the Uber a run for the money.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The smokey amp does not need a power amp to run a 4x12. I used to do it all the time. Sounds pretty cool.

Comment

ive run a smokey plugged into the 12 inch speaker in my marshall dsl401, and it can actually get a pretty decent volume out of it when you consider its only one watt

im gonna try mine and see how it sounds running a dist pedal on front when i get hold of the tri-metal im getting soon

David

Comment

Working...
                    X