5150 preamp out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 preamp out?

We've noticed that the 5150 head has a preamp out. Has anyone connected teh preamp to an outside power amp? If so, how does that sound? through whatever poweramp you paired it with.

Re: 5150 preamp out?

Actually I think he runs the regular speaker output into a Palmer speaker emulator (which is a dummy load), then into some effects and then into a power amp. Used to use H&H 800 watt models, I think.

Comment

I keep reading that EVH runs the pre amp into a Solid State power amp. Can't remember the name of the power amp right now.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
        We've noticed that the 5150 head has a preamp out. Has anyone connected teh preamp to an outside power amp? If so, how does that sound? through whatever poweramp you paired it with.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey bro whatever you do use a dummy speaker load,if ya dont the amp will FRY! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        use a hot plate,a weber MASS,or a palmer whatever,you need something to take the amp impedance load to use just a pre out [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for teh heads up.

Comment

Working...
          X