Tube clean dirty, but SS clean good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube clean dirty, but SS clean good?

Hey, I have a Live Wire classic in the neck of my Soloist...I'm curious why when I play through my Peavey Revolution 112, the cleans sound nice, and even through my guitar teacher's Roland Jazz Chorus equipment it sounds nice, but through my Triaxis, the cleans are distorted. I was thinking maybe the tube amp was more sensitive to the input than the solid state amps...is that so? Otherwise, what could be the issue?

Thanks!
    Nick

Re: Tube clean dirty, but SS clean good?

You may need new preamp tubes. How old are they?
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I bought them last September or October...so about a year and 2 or 3 months...

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

Live Wires are hot as hell and some amps just have sensitive inputs. Those Roland amps are as close to distortion free as a good sounding amp can get, I think. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Headroom out the ass, so to speak. Try some other guitars and see if it's the same thing.

Comment

Live Wires are about the worst clean sounding pickup made. I can get great clean sounds out of my metaltronix, but it depends on the pickup. Forget anything like a Duncan Distortion or Dimarzio Super Distortion. My Duncan Custom 5 cleans up beautifully if I back off on the volume a bit.

rich

Comment

My Diezel Herberts clean is fender clean , and thats by far a tube amp.

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking it's the pups...

Comment

Working...
              X