Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head to your pc

Crazy question here,

I use high quality M-Audio bx8(xlr inputs) powered monitors out of my pc. Can I run a Vetta, or Duoverb, etc....Head directly to my sound card and play through the monitors, or will it blow the speakers?

Obviously you can run them to a cab, but could you run it to monitors efficiently? Just for practicing, but still sounding full and round?

Thanks.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Head to your pc

Originally posted by Shawn:
    Crazy question here,

I use high quality M-Audio bx8(xlr inputs) powered monitors out of my pc. Can I run a Vetta, or Duoverb, etc....Head directly to my sound card and play through the monitors, or will it blow the speakers?

Obviously you can run them to a cab, but could you run it to monitors efficiently? Just for practicing, but still sounding full and round?

Thanks.

Shawn
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Most modelling amps I know of (Vetta, etc) have speaker outs and RECORDING outs. You plug the recording outs into your PC audio inputs, or your mixer, or whatever - and record.

Pete

Comment

The Vetta has recording outs - not sure about the Duoverb. Whether or not it sounds full and round is a matter of how good your sound card and speakers are. Why not just use your regular cab and turn down?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I dont actually own a head or cab yet. That could change tonite if I find the answer I am looking for. I am just looking for good sound, at a manageable level. I had the Vamp2,It's ok. Tried the Pod 2.0, it was "ok". Tried the xt in the store, once again ok. None of these was great. I am just not an "ok" kinda guy, and I am not all that concerned dollarwise. I did invest in very nice studio monitors, and when I played the Vamp through them, I was able to "manage" the sound. But I guess I am looking for one or two or three good sounds to play with, as opposed to 86 semi-crappy ones.

I guess what I am asking is, is the Vetta, duoverb (name your head) essentially a bigger heavier POD, with more power?

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn:
          I guess what I am asking is, is the Vetta, duoverb (name your head) essentially a bigger heavier POD, with more power?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Vetta II is bad ass. Much more than anything you can do with any other amp modeling gizmo. The main thing is don't evaluate it (or any of these devices) based on the presets. The presets were designed by guys in a specific environment with a specific guitar. You are not in that environment playing that guitar.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X