Changing poweramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing poweramp

My current poweramp 9100 works but doesn´t really do the trick. It´s heavy as fuck! My eyes are stuck on the Engl 930/60 3he Poweramp. Anyone hast ried this one? Differences between the engl and lets say mesa boogie 50/50?

Re: Changing poweramp

Don't forget the VHT stuff, MESA is well built, but would be my next choice below VHT.

Never tried the ENG power amps, but they are very good from what I've heard and should be right there with VHT.

Comment

I have a Mesa Boogie 50/50 and it is great!

Plenty of volume to do the job, not too expensive, and sounds great.

The old Carvin T-100 is also a good poweramp that is seriously underrated I think.

Comment

I second ...er I mean third the Mesa 50/50. Killer stereo tube tone, that's plenty loud! I usually keep it on the 15 watt 1/2 power setting unless I'm playing with a drummer. Plus, it holds its value well if need be to sell it (I hope it doesn't come to that!).
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I'd like to get eh 930/60 too one day...
          from all what I've heard it's a GREAT amp!!
          loud as hell and really well built.
          further I like it's midi option, the two channel input (drive 2 preamps and switch via midi), the FX-loop, the two presence knobs each channel, the depth boost system (this one is called to make your bass player cry)...
          just an awesome amp with unlimited sounds in it.
          I'd be all over it if I had the cash!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

what micha said..I actually have the 930/60, but im still getting my preamp so i cant really say how it is, but its got a shitload of features, built like a tank.
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X