Voodu Valve and SS Poweramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodu Valve and SS Poweramp?

I tried out the Rocktron's famouus Voodu and must say i was blown away!

Cleve, this really is a fine preamp!

Anyway i am ust days away of getting it and am considering going on a solid state power amp!

I Played the rocktron through a normal PA SS poweramp (stero 250E) and wad fucking aawesome!
    Then turned to my mesa 50/50 and was not so pleased anymore!

So i am thinking of selling my mesa!

What do you recommend i get, SS wise?

The only thing the Rocktron lacks is an FX loop!

So ther is nowhere to plug my tuner but before it gets to the rocktron! Will that kill the sound?
    I am getting a korg DTR1000

Oh and i am keeping my BBE 462 SOnic maximizer!
    I found no problem ruuning it after the pre-amp!
    And the sund i got was Yehha!

Anyway cleve, i am getting rid of all my rig!
    Including the TC parametric!

So if u are still interested?
    I mean i gave you my word i woul offer you if you would still want getting one?

Re: Voodu Valve and SS Poweramp?

Wow, I've played the VV through solid state and Tube amps, and I liked the tube amps better. Interesting you came to find that you like the solid state better. I would think that the MESA would sound great.

Selling the TC eh? You're in Yugoslavia? Hmm, not sure if it would be worth shipping etc. Is that a 110VAC powered unit? Any idea what you'd want is US dollars?

Comment

Re: Voodu Valve and SS Poweramp?

THe TC is really 230 VAC, but i think it has a switch for US power requirements!

It's not like i mind or anything but if you relate my country to Yugoslavia, the more covinient phrase would be if you'd put an prefix ex- to it, you know [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      I have some buyers fr ti in the line, so i dont fear fotr the sale, it's just that you expressed your desire on having one!
      I'm selling it for around 300$ here. Your call!
      I offered it to you because you are a nice guy and so am i!
      But i really need the dough so...
      I really do not think i'll be getting a new rocktron.
      They are way to $$$!
      I am trying to get one from Ebay here in europe but hte guy dos not answer me. YET.
      What is this a joke, i found some VV on EBAY for 10$?

Anyway, you know me, being a mesa fan and so, i really thought this is it. But a friend of mine brought his rig t my place. VV Online and a stereo SS poweramp. Our tech said that it is supposed for PA, because all the balanced output the unit has. Anyway, we gave it a go, and it blew my mind.
      Now mesa was offcourse louder, a lot, but the sound was more compact, in a good way with the SS.
      I think this is exactly what i need!

Too bad you dont like shiping across the atlantic. I mean a guy on ebay is selling a VV, but won't ship it to Europe.
      [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X