No announcement yet.

What do used Soldano preamps go for $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do used Soldano preamps go for $$?

And yes the purple ones can be had for around 350. You may even get lucky and find one for 300.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Hey soloist1,

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I kinda thought that was a bit high. But hey, if he gets the $$ then he gets it. No big deal. I will wait for the right one. I would rather have a USA one anyway.
      I will keep an eye peeled! Thanks again!
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Hey Tone here is one to watch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=10171

There is another but it's in the UK and the starting price is way to high for the US market.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Hey Tonemonster your outfit sounds almost as good as mine! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Boxcar! But NO ouftit could be nearly as cool as your Bearskin cape with the orange and blue spandex pants. I meant thats just timeless, classic. That included snakeskin boots too didnt it? I cant remember, refresh my memory. and as look as were on the suject, do you have any new outfits or additions to your current stagewear?? Fans like me want to know. Thanks!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Tonemonster, I can see why you'd forget my stagewear. I have a bearskin cape, and I go shirtless always. Then there's my pants...blue and orange diagonally striped spandex pants! Top it off with my snakeskin cowboy boots and you have my full entorage. I haven't made anything new up yet, but I'm on the verge of making a new band hopefully and I might make up something new for that.

Comment

Hey Boxcar, I think you should certianly work in some eyewear and headwear. Ya know, like a some of them glasses that the eye balls hang out with springs, or those big oversized goofy ones. and for a hat, how bout one of those big styrofoam comboy hats in the colors of your favorite sports team? or a how bout a raccon hat, or a entire bird body like a pheasant or quail? that would be pretty choice. What do you think of that? I mean its your choice of course, but these are just options. I am still stuck with my boring old eric clapton-miami vice wannabe stagewear. hey, its paid for. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

let me know what you think!!

Comment

Hey boxcar, I fully believe the best way to do that is to wear a long black cloak like they did on spinal tap during "stone henge" and then when you get through the first few songs, then let the cloak drop and have your "real" outfit on. How does that sound? just an idea. BTW, I like the cap with the propeller idea. Or I had another thought too, how bout a welding hood? that might rock for looks? kinda the "darth rocker" look? I am curious what your thoughts are to this, and I also want to know what you recommend me to wear to spruce up my stage look. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Tone, first off I think a mullet is key. In order to play your 80s cheese rock, it is a neccesity! Second, some aviator glasses (I have some you can borrow if you need to), and a permanent five oclock shadow would help also, a la George Michael. Next, one of those alligator polo shirts would be awesome...creme yellow, with the collar turned up. Wear a mint green blazer over that, with a gold medallion and you'll be set. Now is the important part. Plaid shorts and argyle socks. Also wear some Air Jordans. When you are on stage no one will be able to take their eyes off of you!!

Comment

I do a lot of headbanging onstage so a hat would just fall off, but if I got one then it would have to be a beanie with a little propellor on the top, or a pith helmet. But I don't want anything covering up the manly locks of my glorious mane!! The same goes for eyewear as well...I'm mainly worried that it would simply fall of my head and get smashed by the snakeskin cowboy boots.

Yknow I've been thinking a lot about how to drop this on the audience. I think the best way would be to wear my regular clothes-black tshirt, flare leg jeans and Adidas-and a few songs into the set dissappear backstage and then come back out sporting the "real" outfit. What do you think??

Comment

COOL Boxcar! I have some of those things already! I have the yellow polo shirt(im not kidding either on this one) and I have the Air Jordans some where out in the garage I think. Where do you recommend I get the mint green blazer, the gold medallion, and the plaid shorts? I dont have any stores that are that fashionable where I live so I may need some pointers there. Also, I will start growing the mullet today. I may need to borrow the aviator glasses. I will try to get a 5:00 shadow happenin too.
                        The most important thing for me is getting a stage look that will attract chicks. Do you think this look will get me chicks boxcar?? and if so, what type of chicks do you think it will attract?

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok well, first off, you can look at any formal store to find the jacket. My friend Lisa works at Brooks Brothers, next time I see her I'll be sure to ask if they have them there. I work at a Levis/Dockers store, and we do have a few plaid shorts here, but I own a few pairs myself and they are Lee's (don't tell the boss!!), and I got them at Kohls...you might have to wait until the season changes to get those. A gold medallion might be a bit tougher...my instinct tells me to check out a thrift store or eBay, but if there are any drug dealers in your area that like to wear track suits, they might have a few extra to let you borrow. One thing I left out...make sure the shirt is unbuttoned to show off the chest hair...coupled with the medallion, this drives the ladies crazy!! Since I live on a college campus there are lots of hot girls around. I'll whip up a composite sketch of this outfit and ask around for pointers from them. Sound good?

Comment

Well Tonemonster, just remember to keep in mind that where there is a will, there's a way. The spray on stuff sounds like a good idea, or some Rogaine. I wouldn't know too much about it since I am far too young to need that stuff. This outfit will get you attention from hot chicks, short chicks, ugly chicks, tall chicks, smart chicks, men, children...I think that anyone would have a hard time not paying attention to you with this emsemble on! Another thing about the mullet-if you are going to bleach it, only bleach the top, and keep the rest of it darker, a la George Lynch in the early days!! Really the best thing to do is to make this up yourself...my stagewear is an extension of my personality. You have to figure out what yours is. THEN the chicks will come...by the way, did you get a Soldano yet?

Comment

That sounds great Boxcar! I just havent had ANY luck attracting chicks with my "miami vice" stage wear that I have been using. I just cant figure out why... I mean I even have the pastel pink tank top shirt under it. I dunno. But I really think you got me headed toward greatness here. Tell me this- do you recommend I wear lots of cheap cologne with that outfit too?? I just thought that may ad to the look. and I dont have much chest hair so should I get a can of that spray on hair that bald guys use and spray it on my chest?? Also, how exactly should I wear my hairdo on my chest? any particular style or cut you suggest?? DO you think I should bleach my mullet or not? I really think that this look is gonna help me get chicks. Do you think I will get the real HOT ones?? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo Boxcar,
                                I sensed some fear in your last post that you might think I was actually serious about that stage wear... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that was all in good fun. and I have not picked up a soldano premap yet. I have kinda switched gears a bit there. I really dont need one. I have two good preampos now and I really would rather have a nice little combo amp. I am considering a Mesa/Boogie F30 combo. I want a portable little combo with great tone for the price and size. So thats my next gear focus now. I have not forgotten about the Soldano preamp idea, just delaying it a bit. SO we will see what happens. THanks for asking BTW.

SO, Let talk about this. If I do get my stage look perfected, do you think we could perform live together or start a band with our cool stagewear? just imagine the hot chicks we would attract together!! I mean we would need security gaurds just to get onstage [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X