Voodoo Amp Mods?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Amp Mods?????

I'm sending off a Fender Vibro Champ for a Dual Rectifier Witchdoctor mod to Voodoo Amps. Anyone ever dealt with Trace at Voodoo amps???? He and his company has recieved great reviews. And they seem to have awesome customer service so far. Anyone own a Voodoo modded amp???????????? What do you think???

Re: Voodoo Amp Mods?????

I've heard some bad stuff about trace and the guys he works with. He covers amps in epoxy. I'll go find the site with the horrible things he did to this one guys amp.

Comment

Here's a boat load of info for you to look over.

A Thread on Traces Work

Solando Hot Rod 50 Trace DESTROYED

A MINT 71 Marshall that Trace also ruined

Personally I would stay away from him. He only covers amps in epoxy when he puts a Witchdoctor circuit in, so he WILL do this to your amp if ypu send it to him.

Comment

OK folks here goes.

1. Obviously somebody wanted Trace to do the work on the 71' Marshall to begin with. I believe the shop that ended up with the amp is whining over the "aesthetic" beauty that was "destroyed"

2. The guy with the Soldano whined because wires were cut too short? Wow that is horrible!

I happen to have a Trace modded Marshall JCM800 of the 87" vintage which I wouldn't trade anything for. I dont care that Trace epoxy's his work so that Joe Blow cant turn around and decipher Traces stuff so that someone else can ride on the years of work that Trace has done.

Unless I am missing the mark here we are talking about some wires cut to short and the fact that the man protects his work.

I have never put a review on HC nor do I go there because it seems a waste of time.

My advice is to talk to Trace yourself and decide for yourself whether or not you want him to work on your stuff and not listen to whine tits who are nitpicky and got their feelbads hurt.

Comment

The guy with the Solando was very dissapointed with the sound quality, not just asthetics. Also, Have you ever read some of those HC reviews? All of them are praise for Trace, but for some reason about 70% include the same (and very unusual) grammer errors. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Also trace has the webmasters at HC by the balls. When ever theres a bad review on one of his products it some how manges to dissapear. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The only one that has stayed was that guy with the Solando and thats because he threatend to prosecute Trace or HC if his review was removed.
          [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Now, if you have a Trace modified amp and are happy with it GREAT!. I'm glad you enjoy it. I've played a few myself and will personally say they were killer, but I am not impressed with his workmanship or shady buissness.

Comment

I never played Voodoo modded amps and cannot comment on the business practices. For those on the west coast, I recommend trying Mark Cameron's mods. He works very closely with you and provides great personal service.

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel_Army:
              The guy with the Solando was very dissapointed with the sound quality, not just asthetics. Also, Have you ever read some of those HC reviews? All of them are praise for Trace, but for some reason about 70% include the same (and very unusual) grammer errors. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Also trace has the webmasters at HC by the balls. When ever theres a bad review on one of his products it some how manges to dissapear. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The only one that has stayed was that guy with the Solando and thats because he threatend to prosecute Trace or HC if his review was removed.
              [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Now, if you have a Trace modified amp and are happy with it GREAT!. I'm glad you enjoy it. I've played a few myself and will personally say they were killer, but I am not impressed with his workmanship or shady buissness.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*sigh* Trace talked to the guy about the mods before he did it... including the epoxy. He's a cool guy who builds killer amps and protects his designs... I had a 7 watt witchdoctor champ (fender champ that trace modded) that was KILLER. I didn't really need it, so I sold it after playing it a few months, but it was a very sweet little amp, especially for the money.

Pete

Comment

I have numerous amps done by Trace and each one sounds great. If you send him a Marshall, you will have the option of having the original boards pulled out and a new one installed, or he will mod the existing circuit. He only epoxies his original circuits (Witch Doctor/Hex). My Rivera KH2, and Marshall TSL were both modded and have no epoxy. UI amn selling the TSL since his Witch Doctor, and Hex amps got me covered for those types of tones. There are always people looking to tear someone down, and the guy with the Soldano is one of em. He was an amp tech so its pretty obvious that he was looking to steal Traces designs. Trace did eveerything he could to make that deal right. The Marshall that you guys are talking about was modded and I believe bought by another. Apparently the guy whom originally owned the amp knew it was gonna be epoxied, so I dont see what teh fuss is about. When you get a Hex or WD its not a mod, but a while new amps so I dont understand the hoopla. You can always go the route I did and get a Bogen PA Hex. Its the same amp but it doesnt look as nice. Hey some guys are willing to pay 100's more just for a shell. I am not one of em, although I do have a 2 channel WD in a Fender head. That amp has no epoxy, but I dont plan on selling it or giving any of Traces circuit designs away. BTW, it sounds great!!

Comment

Working...
                X