What is THE best Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is THE best Marshall

i have an 80's jcm 900 asleep in my closet......will pedals wake her up??????

boss metal zone????
    Ge-7 EQ????

????huh!????

HORNS?

you should know...........you own a Bogner [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

lol...

Comment

Got yer Pm ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope that helps!!!

Talk to John too...he's had a 900 and made that thing ROCK!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I bought my first tube amp a few months ago, it was a second-hand JCM 900 SL-X 100W head built some time in the early-mid 90's I believe.

check out specs here:

http://www.blamepro.com/br01210.htm

I believe it is the stock tube marshall head that has the most gain available (they added a power amp tube)

If you like reverb or more than one channel, this is not your amp though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I might mod it, because like all stock marshalls it has really muddy low-end when you do stuff like palm-muted riffs! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        ...which I tend to do a lot! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but it scores plus on the amount of gain available....now if they just could have cleared up the dynamics it would have been perfect. not everyone hits open chords all day long!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

I just saw the TSL and i am going for distortion my style is along the lines of Megadeth/ 80's Metal. What Marshall will suit my needs? Thanks for thee feedback on the DSl etc.

Comment

unless its modded or your running a pedal...or a rack preamp....you will not get
            megadeth distortion...

even Dave Mustaine uses a pre amp....

Comment

Working...
            X