best cab for bottom end metal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best cab for bottom end metal????

Im buying Lou's Mesa single rectifier.......
    so what will be a good cab to use for this amp....

bottom end and harmonics wise????

Re: best cab for bottom end metal????

Find a solid empty cab and put some good speakers in there. A pair of Eminence to crank the lows through and a couple of Celestions to take care of the high end. I have a Jackson cab I did that with. It'll handle anything that's thrown at it.

Comment

Genz Benz G-Flex are where it's at if you want rumbling low end with no farting.

Comment

maybe i should voice my opinion since I own a single rectifier and a Genz benz george lynch 2x12. Ive got to say its pretty dang thunderous.
        If ya set it all up right and play sometimes ya hear this just boom and it sounds killer. Id love to try the 4x12. The rectifier goes great with it.
        I guess its the bass ports at the bottom or something but it does sound killer.

Comment

I have an ENGL Savage 120 with Genz Benz G Flex - great bottom, but I think the 12" cones are inherently a little harsh or brittle sounding... but that can be overcome.
          GREAT bottom - does not fart out like my old 2x12 mesa cab that had an EV in the bottom and a Clestion in the top

Comment

My previosu setup was a marshall jcm 900 2x12 cab, with a crate blue voodoo angled on top of it. Seems liek the 2x12 has a more compressed tighter bottom end....

Comment

Just get a old cheap cheap peavey 4 -12 cab loaded with Celestion 80's ...or a recto cab loaded with celstion 90s....no 2-12 cab is going to get you what you want [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] ...I know what you want ....because John and I want the same thing

John and I don't need any stinking bass players ...we'd bury them!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You need better low end? Get a bass player. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or just do like Meshuggah and use 8-string guitars and your bass player will just have to leave the band because you no longer need him!!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

don't remind me i'm fightin that right now!

Originally posted by horns666:
                  John and I don't need any stinking bass players ...we'd bury them!!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have found one of the most thunderous bottom end comes from the Madison 4x12 with the 85 watt speakers. they make 2 different 4x12s, one with said 85 watt speakers and one with a lower output. I have the one with 4 85s, it is low and thunderous. www.madisonspeakers.com I run a VHT Pittbull CLX 100 thru it. Jack.

Comment

If you talk to the soundguy and explain everything to him, if he's worth a damn, he'll set you up right with a couple of mics. Especially if you're the lone guitarist. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If not, you still have the sound you want onstage. It's not like one pair of speakers loses its low end because the other is bassier. Just point the dude towards the speakers with the jugjug and tell him to mic that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you talk to the soundguy and explain everything to him, if he's worth a damn, he'll set you up right with a couple of mics. Especially if you're the lone guitarist.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hahaha... You're pretty funny man... I've played clubs for 20+ years... I got what I wanted for the most part as we were usually the headliner. But generally, when playing metal originals in shows that are usually like 5 bands playing that night that get 35-40 minutes, you're lucky you get a mic at all!

Soundman that is worth a damn? Few and far between when you're playin the small clubs brother...

Comment

i will never mic my stuff.....
                          it will not be a super big room were playing in....

im getting a marshall 4x12 loaded with celestion 75watt speakers tomarrow....

should i get a 2x12 genz benz cab and add it on for the bottom?????

anyone know where i can get one??????

a genz benz cab?????

Comment

I have 2 Bogner Uber cabinets. BIG TIME BOTTOM END!!!

Comment

My experience is that MESA Rectos, sound best with the matching Recto cab. I've used lotsa other cabs with them, as has Bill, and we came to the conclusion that the Recto cab is really the best sounding cab for the recto amps in our opinion.

A pair of Eminence to crank the lows through and a couple of Celestions to take care of the high end. I have a Jackson cab I did that with. It'll handle anything that's thrown at it.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That might sound good out in front of the cab, but if you play live and get mic'd a lot you'll be sorry as they only mic one speaker in a cab (sound guiys hate to double mic stuff) and you'll get the sound of whatever speaker they mic.

Comment

Working...
                              X