best cab for bottom end metal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cab for bottom end metal????

BUT, we never played a Benz G-Flex... sooo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      Find a solid empty cab and put some good speakers in there. A pair of Eminence to crank the lows through and a couple of Celestions to take care of the high end. I have a Jackson cab I did that with. It'll handle anything that's thrown at it.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From my experience mixing speakers in a 4x12 doen't work! I tried it once with two Celestion 70's and two 75's and it was a nightmare!! Your ear fixes on the tone of two of the speakers and you try to eq them to make them sound good, then at the same time it will make the other two sound like crap!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      If you must do this, try and pick two speakers that are very close to the same freq. range and tone. If you're looking for low end, I would try two Celestion 75's and two Classic Lead 80's, but for myself I would just use four 80's in a good cab. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd recommend either the Mesa Recto cab or Bogner Überkab. Both good choices.

Comment

Working...
        X