Anyone play a Framus Cobra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play a Framus Cobra?

Anyone out there have any experience with the Framus Cobra head? The preliminary reports so far have been positive...most people are saying it's similar to the Recto series but more brutal, more clear, more more more...

Lemme know what you think of these.

Re: Anyone play a Framus Cobra?

one of the guitarists from the band Unearth was playing one when I saw them in Denver in November on the headbanger's ball tour. of all the bands there I thought his tone was the best. it glowed purty red too....very cool looker for sure. and it sounded good that night..but that's all my experience with them.

Comment

Hmmm, you sure that wasnt an ENGL Powerball? Mine glows red.

Comment

Framus Cobra glows red too

Comment

I know that Jack Frost had one when we played with Seven Witches in Oct. - and I know that the Engl Fireball in his rack was the one he actually used.

Draw your own conclusions. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

well...It said Framus across the front grill thingy. So I assumed it was a framus.

Comment

Cobra is great!! I play, let`s name it a kind of Death Metal and the amp is great for this stuff.

Comment

Warhead, do you own a Cobra? If so, gimme more details man!

Comment

Originally posted by warhead:
                  Yes, I have a Cobra. I have played it with 2 different Marshall cabs and it doesn`t sound as good with the matching Cobra cab(at least to me).
                  I can`t tell you much, as I`m not good at explaining. If you can ask derekB, he could give you all the info`s you need(he`s a professional amp seller). You can also check out his clip in the MP3 section(but that`s not all this amp could give).
                  I can tell you that the amp has a great sound, very tight, defined and juicy. Engls you hear about on this page are not better than Cobra. Trust me.
                  And I could dial in a great sound in a minute.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the Plug Warhead. Actually I am working on getting my clip's back up on my site cause my whole site got deleted over a week ago because of a Server crash and the Framus clip's will be back up soon.The Framus is a killer amp and is why I sell them but my preference out of the amp's I sell or have owned in the past is for the Engl's. The best tone's come from them for what I like.

Derek
                  Derek

Comment

Does the cobra provide as much gain as say an uberschall?

rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                      Does the cobra provide as much gain as say an uberschall?

rich
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Definitely.

Derek

Comment

Yes, I have a Cobra. I have played it with 2 different Marshall cabs and it doesn`t sound as good with the matching Cobra cab(at least to me).
                        I can`t tell you much, as I`m not good at explaining. If you can ask derekB, he could give you all the info`s you need(he`s a professional amp seller). You can also check out his clip in the MP3 section(but that`s not all this amp could give).
                        I can tell you that the amp has a great sound, very tight, defined and juicy. Engls you hear about on this page are not better than Cobra. Trust me.
                        And I could dial in a great sound in a minute.

Comment

It costs half price of an uberschall too.Damn,I'm searchin for one to try out from months...

Comment

I have played the Cobra again just today. This time with EMGs. Last time I tried it a little more extensively was with passive pups.
                            The clean channel is excellent. Lots of chime, almost bell-like. One of the best clean channels on a high gain amp. The crunch is very good too, from slightly distorted to Marshall gain-type tones. Clear and punchy. The gain channel reminds me like some have mentioned before more in the vein of a Rectifier, but with a lot tighter bass, better mid-range and more articulation. It has a nice tonal flexibility with the notch button that changes the mid-frequency. Withouth the notch button engaged, the gain structure is a little chunkier, not as smooth as on Engls and the amp saturates once you turn the gain knob past 2 o'clock. Not so much with EMGs. With those it stays very clear. With the notch engaged it smoothes out a little and gets a mid-scoop. It's very versatile and can go from the nicest clean to all out annihilation.

All in all I really like this amp and it's definitely on my to-get-list.

Comment

Originally posted by DietChoke:
                              I have played the Cobra again just today. This time with EMGs. Last time I tried it a little more extensively was with passive pups.
                              The clean channel is excellent. Lots of chime, almost bell-like. One of the best clean channels on a high gain amp. The crunch is very good too, from slightly distorted to Marshall gain-type tones. Clear and punchy. The gain channel reminds me like some have mentioned before more in the vein of a Rectifier, but with a lot tighter bass, better mid-range and more articulation. It has a nice tonal flexibility with the notch button that changes the mid-frequency. Withouth the notch button engaged, the gain structure is a little chunkier, not as smooth as on Engls and the amp saturates once you turn the gain knob past 2 o'clock. Not so much with EMGs. With those it stays very clear. With the notch engaged it smoothes out a little and gets a mid-scoop. It's very versatile and can go from the nicest clean to all out annihilation.

All in all I really like this amp and it's definitely on my to-get-list.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great description. I couldnt of said it better especially the EMG comments.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X