Uberschall owners do you use a hotplate or eq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uberschall owners do you use a hotplate or eq

I'm ready to sell the powerball for a Uberschall and I'm wondering if I have to crank this baby to get the roar I've been hearing. Do any of you guys use a hotplate with it and also have any tried an external eq to shape the tone any for lead playing. The reason I'm asking is cause the engl sounds good at all volume levels but its a little more tame then the Bogner.

Re: Uberschall owners do you use a hotplate or eq

How much for the POWERBALL

Comment

This thread is more of a question really I'm not trying to spam or anything I have a buyer for it but if he backs out I'll let you know. I'm getting 1325 shipped which to me is a bargain considering its almost new.
      I just can't get that Uberschall out of my head I think its the tone I've been searching for.

Comment

What don't you like about the Powerball? I want to try one out badly. I'm hoping to test drive an Uber this thursday.

Comment

I can get the roar at a relative low volume. I have4 the channels volume set to 9 o clock so it matches the clean channel, and the master set to about 11 and its not super loud, and sounds great. I am using a Bognert cab loaded in Uber fashion (75's/v-30's) but not the uber cab. Sounds great!!!

Comment

I think my Uber sounds better in a low-moderate band level instead of cranking it up really high ...it get's a little too hairy that way..

I love mine I want another one and run them in stereo...well why not?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So it looks like no hotplate and no eq. Thats good cause the Uber is gonna cost me enough anyway. Venomboy, the Powerball is the best amp I've played yet as far as high gain and no mud (played and owned mesa, vht 50cl not 100ul,hughes and kettner ,Rivera KH2,5150 etc. etc.) probably like everyone else ,oh yea Marshall too but the Uber has its own voice. It stands alone with its voicing and its aggressiveness to me and its been in my head for 2 years now.The price tag has kept me away but I sold all my Jacksons but 1 so I'm in the market for 1 more axe and the Uber.Then I'm done as I've told my wife 2 million times before.

Comment

No HotPlate & no extra EQ with my Über. I think think the HotPlate changes the tone of some amps for the worse, and I didn't like how it sounded with my Über. BTW The Über has basically 2 MV knobs (each channel has it's own MV & there is a global MV) so it is sort of like having a built in HotPlate. As for the EQ, the Über's loop is real picky about what FX you run in it. Rack units usually sound better because these are what the loop was built around- some pedals so OK in the loop, but most sound like @ss. If you find you need an EQ, I'd look into a good rack unit like the Furman PQ-3 (or whatever the current model # is).

Comment

yep ...the ONLY thing I'm running into the Uber loop is a G- Major ...that's all I need...sounds great! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X