Are my ears wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my ears wrong

Hi, i have a fender twin and use two methods of distortion. I use a marshall JH1 jackhammer and have also tried using the distortion on my old princeton 112. I find that both sound crap to me unless I use a GE-7 equalizer and take out a lot of the second-to-highest frequency. This seems to make my distortion a lot more clear with both the princeton's distortion and my jackhammer, and then when i turn it off the distortion sounds crap. Whats wrong. do i just need a different disortion pedal, are my ears screwed or is it because i use fender amps (princeton and a valve twin)
    please help i think im going mad [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Are my ears wrong

I run a GE-7 in conjunction with a Metal Zone across a JCM 800. Boss needs to integrate those two pedals into one. It would take over the world.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

yeah like EH did with the Graphic Fuzz. That would be a cool idea. What settings do you use on the Ge7 with the distortion pedal? I just find that by slightly cutting the mids and almost completely taking out the second to highest freq, the sound is a lot more sort of forward and there, and the distortion is more trebly, instead of crunchy. you?

Comment

I used to use the GE-7 with my DS-1 for distortion in front of my Crate amp. If it sounds good to you how it is, then there is nothing wrong. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Working...
        X