Bogner 101B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner 101B

What are your thoughts on this amp? I'm dumping my Uberschall for one next week.

Re: Bogner 101B

Then you should tell US! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I will. A fellow J/C forumite who I've known for years will be in town soon and I'm sure he'll get to play it. I can't remember what his name is here though. Since I put this thread up I will let you guys know how I like the Ecstacy 101B. I have yet to play a bad sounding Bogner.

Comment

Well, big difference between the two. The 101 is more versatile, but not as heavy as the Uber.

What type of music are you playing?

Comment

I think you will regret it as you won't get the same ferociousness (is that a word)that you are used to and the reason you bought the Uberschall.I've seen you post on the HC board how much you love the Uber and getting a less aggressive amp is going the wrong way (to me anyway)You will gain versatility and lose the in your face war machine tone. Depends on whats more important to you. Perfect tone is hard to find but to me the Uber is as close as any amp gets. Also like cleveland said it depends on what type of music you play. Ramblin on here I'm just fired up as I watched the Vikings kick the cheifs ass today.

Comment

Like I said I have had a love/hate thing with the Uber since I got it. I'm more of an 80's kid. Most of the time I sit around and work on my speed. Love playing scales. The Uber is the fattest amp I know of, but to me it's not the best lead amp. I almost went with the SLO when I bought the Uber. An SLO with the Depth mod is a great amp with an unbelieveable lead tone. If the 101B doesn't do it for me I'll probably go with the SLO or a modded Marshall... maybe even the VHT UL. I guess I'm slowly moving back to my 80's influences.

Comment

Hey yngzaklynch you ever try to slam the clean channel with some emg's and some pedals? Maybe you can get your lead tone that way and still get the aggresive tones from the gain channel. I heard some clips of the 101b on the Bogner website and its certainly tamer then the Uber. Just a thought.

Comment

I've played the XTC CLassic before. They guy had it set so I was getting really close to Jake E. Lee's tone on the Ultimate Sin cd. I'm more likely to play Van Halen, Ratt, George Lynch, etc... than Machine Head. So the XTC might be more for me. If I find that I really miss the Uber I can always sell the XTC and buy another. Thats one of the great things about Bogners, lots of people want them and they keep their resale value well. I'm really looking for the ultimate lead amp.

Comment

Get the XTC. You will love it. Here is a sample of mine. Dont barf on my playing please. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                  It is just an improv bluesey thing I did.
                  http://www.users.qwest.net/~wj15/sounds/project04.mp3

Also, I think you know about Bob Savage right? His web site has some crushing tone, here: http://members.cox.net/bsavage/bogner/bogner.htm

All these debates are cool and I really love them, but until you get it at home or wherever you play and have a chance to spend some time with it, using your own guitar and your own FX chain, and your own ears, you'll always wonder about it anyway. I say go for it. And your right, Bogner's resale value is very high as is the SLO so you can flog it again later if yer not happy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

JOHN

Comment

Your link doesn't work. Yeah me and Bob know each other as much as you can know someone via e-mail and the HC forum. I'm really excited to hear this thing.

Comment

whoops, try this:
                      http://www.users.qwest.net/~wj15/sounds/

then click on project04.mp3

Comment

Cool clip. Was the 101B used for rhythm as well as lead?

Comment

yep. Rhythm track is blue channel with boost. Lead is red channel, boost is on and off at diff times. Guitar was an ash strat with hot rails, switched to neck p/up at end.

Comment

Originally posted by yngzaklynch:
                            What are your thoughts on this amp? I'm dumping my Uberschall for one next week.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HOW MUCH??

Comment

Sorry the Uber is already spoken for.

Comment

Working...
                              X