X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bogner 101B

Originally posted by yngzaklynch:
    Sorry the Uber is already spoken for.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OKAY!

Comment

yngzaklynch...dude by the music you just desribed .. my old Marshall Rack set up nails it..9200 mono block/JMP1/JFX1...total 80's metal worship ...ala Chris Oliva..

John with his CAE/VHT...that is the ultimate set-up for your style dude ...but it's heavy and is all $$$$

But in a head ...I would say a Soldano SLO ...or an old great 100wt Marshall JCM 800 ..2203's or whatever..or a VHT ...they are very nice ...When I played one a simple CL without EQ ..I quickly dialed up an awesome VH tone and was Erupting my ass off... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW ..I have the Uber ...I play Arch Enemy , Soilwork , Dimmu , Nevermore kinda riffs..and I LOVE it ...and I certainly agree that the lead tone isn't all that ...but it's little better than your ordinary 5150 lead tone...which is somewhat respectable in it's own right...kinda

Now My Marshall rack lead tone is Great..!!!! But The Marshall lacks the bloated brutality of the Uber..

That's me ..Bloated and Brutal..I need that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We should talk more about how your running the uber and settings and whatnot..this may help..maybe not.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've had the Uber for 8 months. Don't get me wrong it sounds phenominal. Just the wrong tool for the job as they say. If the 101B doesn't do it for me, I'll probably land an SLO or modded Marshall.

Comment

from what I gather ...that sounds like your best bet...let me know when you want to dump the Uber...maybe i'll be able to purchase another one..at that time .. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Can anyone help me out by telling me any preamps that sound like those links above? Obviuosly, a Bogner preamp would, but I'm not made of that kind of money. Would a Triple Giant nail something like that? Voodu Valve?? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X