Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Players READ THIS

Fretburner -

I have a Three Channel Triple, and I love it.

Being a Marshall guy, though, you may well hate it at first - it's a very different beast.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is to read the manual before you try it. I kid you not - if you set it the way you'd set a Marshall (gain all the way up, treble & bass cranked, etc.) to get a "scooped" sound, it will sound like crap - especially with the channels set on "Modern".

If you want a good combination of tones, try using the Red channel on "Modern" for rhythm, and the orange (yellow, whatever, the non-red high-gain channel) on "Vintage" with a gain setting at about 3:00 for leads. YMMV, obviously.

Above all, spend some time playing with it before you make a decision on it - I didn't get mine sounding good to me until about three weeks after I got it. Now I love the damn thing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You can also change out the power tubes for EL34s (unless yours ships with them - I've seen some at GC that way recently). They have such a bewildering array of options that you can play with it for a long time.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Re: Marshall Players READ THIS

Hey Mike, I'll try that when I get it. I'll keep you posted!

John, I thought you didn't care for em! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I may not either, but I'll do what Mike recommends, read the manual....Haaaaa I never do that I usually just dive in. Time will tell. I should have it on Wed.

Comment

Working...
      X