Marshall Players READ THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Players READ THIS

What do you guys think of the Carvin Legacy. IT all tube and cheap, looks pretty good to me. What amps do you think are the best bang for their price? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, you need to go spend 1600 bucks on a crap amp and make marshall even richer.

Or go buy a 500 original that is built and sounds much better...

Where did you get that info BTW?

Comment

The Carvin Legacy sounds great. Lately I seem to be drifting closer and closer to really diggin Marshall. Especially good vintage kick ass modded Marshall. That is why I got a Flextone HD. I have Marshall, Mesa and Soldano anytime I want them. My Crate DXJ112 also does an excellent BV120.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB:
          Well I just found out that the thickness of the board on the Reiassue 800's are the same thickness as the early 80's model's and that the traces are just as good as well.

Derek
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My commentary skipped over the RIs - the JTM45s I've seen the guts of didn't look that bad.

How are the transformers on the RI 800s? As good as the original?

Pete

Comment

I've never heard of any Marshall breaking down to be honest other than a footswitch crapping out here or there.

And I also think the DSLs sound fantastic. Lev's clip was great and I've heard a ton more great ones as well.

Are Marshalls pricey?? Maybe...but I've never heard of any of these supposed reliability problems that people are talkign about here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> $1600 for a Reissue 800? Now I really know you don't know what your talking about.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you can get one for maybe around $1,400 online, but if go to any music store, you'll probably pay $1600 or more. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can get em $1200 dollar range any where here locally.

Derek

Comment

Well, that's a pretty good deal then. There's no way you could get one around here for that.

Comment

$1600 for a Reissue 800? Now I really know you don't know what your talking about. BTW I hear the CAE preamps are supposedly now being made in the Orient
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, they around 1600 here. The Zak Wylde one is more. I did just play a used one about an hour ago that was $799. Haha... Still a ripoff for that amp.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah whatever. So, you have to demean people, to make a point? You're obviously an expert. Hehe... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And actually a lot of CAE stuff has been using the Japanese shop to make stuff you can't even get here, and the quality is pretty high so far. I haven't heard that the CAE3+se or OD-100 are being made there. Umm, yet, haha... Time to pray that John Suhr gets going with his preamps ehh?

Comment

Just an FYI....

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=bu9sa.133775%24ja4.5952819%40bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmarshall%2Bsolder%2Bjo ints%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch

Pete

(if link doesn't work, search www.deja.com for marshall solder joints)

Comment

(the solder joint problem) has put Fender, Gibson, Marshall et al in the same category as the Crates of this world in the customer's eyes. Add to that the use of crappy jacks and connectors, board mounted tubes sockets and you have a race to the bottom all for the sake of maximizing corporate profits but at what
                      expense to the corporation's image and name. However all this can not be totally laid at the feet of the manufacturers since the guitar
                      playing public buys it up like hotcakes
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehehe... Good find Pete. Sounds like me talkin... I like the last part of the sentence especially...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> $1600 for a Reissue 800? Now I really know you don't know what your talking about. BTW I hear the CAE preamps are supposedly now being made in the Orient
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, they around 1600 here. The Zak Wylde one is more. I did just play a used one about an hour ago that was $799. Haha... Still a ripoff for that amp.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah whatever. So, you have to demean people, to make a point? You're obviously an expert. Hehe... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry if you felt I was demeaning you but with regard's to the Reissue 800's your comment's werent accurate. You seem like a cool and knowledgeable guy just get your fact's straight.

Derek

Comment

Sound and tone are SO subjective and my only comment about Marshall amps is in my own experience they do NOT take road punishment well at all.Not that my 5150s have been angels either,but nothing coming close to Marshalls quick ability to break down while playing out.Vibration will take it's toll on cheaper components and assembly fairly quick.

If you don't play out and like the sound of 'em then by all means get one.But if you gig or tour alot,buy a shitload of them or get something tougher. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well said Evol... Mine didn't hold up to gigging.

A roadie dropped my 4100 2 feet to wet grass, and broke stuff inside (not tubes). I wrecked a car and shot a 5150 30 ft out the hatch and down the street into a dirt hill, and it still worked.

My last EL34 100/100 that I used a lot in clubs, was in the shop 5-6 times for cold solder joints and then had trouble with some traces that had to be fixed with wire, but that was from a overzealous solder job.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                              Well, you need to go spend 1600 bucks on a crap amp and make marshall even richer.

Or go buy a 500 original that is built and sounds much better...

Where did you get that info BTW?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">$1600 for a Reissue 800? Now I really know you don't know what your talking about. BTW I hear the CAE preamps are supposedly now being made in the Orient. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

In response to Pete:

They are not Drakes and from what I have heard the drakes are supposedly better. Why? I couldnt tell you but my Splawn 800 kick's major ass with the Dagnell's.
                                Here are a couple of clips of it.
                                http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000008897.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000009003.mp3

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X